3DR's FlySky radio

The radio 3DR combos with the Iris is the FlySky (Turnigy clone?). Anyway, in MP planner, under radio calibration, there is a portion for Ch 8. No matter which switch, lever, stick, knob, trim switch, etc. that I move, nothing is reflected as having any influence on the Ch 8 item. Everything else is obviously affected by some item on the radio, except for Ch 8. I tried binding a FrSky Taranis to the receiver…and the same thing. While the Taranis has many more switches, knobs, etc., again, none of them reflects as having an influence on the Ch 8. Should something be able to implement Ch 8? The FlySky was configured by 3DR when it was purchased with the Iris and has the 3DR splash screen upon first startup.

How can I take advantage of Ch 8?

Hi ronaldo5593,

The Ch8 is not preconfigured from 3DR, you can search and follow the er9x firmware manual, to enable the Ch8 in the mixer.

[quote=“RogelioN”]Hi ronaldo5593,

The Ch8 is not preconfigured from 3DR, you can search and follow the er9x firmware manual, to enable the Ch8 in the mixer.[/quote]

Thanks…I will look into this.

[quote=“ronaldo5593”][quote=“RogelioN”]Hi ronaldo5593,

The Ch8 is not preconfigured from 3DR, you can search and follow the er9x firmware manual, to enable the Ch8 in the mixer.[/quote]

Thanks…I will look into this.[/quote]

Found a very helpful DIY article on how to enable Ch 8…done.

Great!, please share the link.