3dr x8m short air time

Not a single line in my logs starts with “CAM”. Maybe I should enable the logging of this parameter in PH?

What does CAM stand for?

CAMera and it is pretty usefull if you want to geotag the pictures.

What is your LOG_Bitmask number?

I see. The case is that I use GoPro and geotag photos in the post using a program called Geosetter.

Below is the screenshot of the Config page:

Although “CAMERA” is selected I never have Camera related actions in my auto-missions.

I would really like to know what parameter should I log and check to see if my motors can handle 2 4S 10kmAh batteries. Can you help?

Regards

There’s no log setting to tell you if your motors can handle that voltage. Motors should specify what voltage they can accept on their specification sheets.

I’m not changing the voltage. 4S is what the X8+ came with. I want to increase the mAh from 10 to 20k.

Those spec sheets are not available. I’ve submitted a support ticket to 3DR. Hope to get back from them soon.

Regards

I used telemetry log only to check how many amps it’s pulling, not 100% accurate, but it gave me the general idea.
Once landed check MOTOR and ESC temperature!
DO NOT spend more than a minute or so in the air. For the test you do not need any mods in the params.

CAUTION: it will be heavy and so hard to control. Itt will need correction input even in POS HOLD mode.

I have an X8 that I never could get good flight times with and have shelved it for the time being. I have the black 880kv motors. Here are the specs I found

3DR Motor 880Kv AC2836-358 with new prop adapter
As used on the 3DR Quad kit
This motor is designed for 12x45 Propellers.

Motor features:
Size: 28 x 36 mm.
Shaft: 4mm.
RPM/V: 880 Kv.
Prop: 12x45.
Battery: 2-4 S LiPo.
Weight: 72gr.
Cables: 35cm/18 AWG with bullets (non soldered).

Max thrust: 1380gr
Using 3S LiPo, 12x45 Propeller:

I do always “skin touch” the motors after every auto mission X8+ completes and never sense the motors to be even warm. This is with 1 4S 10kmAh battery.

I wonder how would it fly on auto pilot? X8+ OFFICIALLY states that it can handle 800g PAYLOAD. I don’t expect this experiment to be that critical since the second 4S 10kmAh battery is 804g.

What was the longest flight you had with X8+?

Thank you very much for the specs.

About 8 minutes if I remember correctly. It’s been awhile…

Do you remember if you flew it “naked” or with Gimball, Camera, etc?
Did you also use the same 4S 10kmAh batteries?

Guys, I finally did the autotune.
Since than the motors and ESC are HOT-HOT and the copter is twiching in POS HOLD.
Any ideas what could it be?

Sorry for the silence!
My motors were sounding like a coffe mixer so I changed all the bearings.
Now they have the sweetest sound, but copter eats 45Amps on hover with a total of 3.7kg AUW.
Additionally while it is sitting on the ground consumption is .5-3.7Amps and in between.
What is your consumption while disarmed + safety on?
Is it stable or is it fluctuating?