3DR sik radios problem

Hi,
I am having some trouble setting 3DR 900mhz sik radios for one of my small testbed copters, I haven’t used 3DR radios much before, mostly rfd and dragonlink.
The radio connected to the copter (Pixhawk Mini) starts flashing green slowly ~0.5Hz and red rapidly ~2Hz (not the send/receive type of flashes) and it doesn’t communicate to PC side. Radios can be switched places, with same result, copter side gives the flashes. Sometimes, however it briefly works normally and manages to connect, but no more than 1 minute, then resumes to the flashes. Problem started after I have updated the firmware from the initial one those radios had installed since 2013 I guess, when I first got them, to 1.9. I have also tried 1.7 with exact same results.
Another change I have made is increasing cable lenght on copter side, to about 40cm, could this be a part of the issue?
Thanks,
Anton

Seems like the issue was indeed caused by the long cable, after cutting it down to minimum, about 6cm, it all started working. Unexpected, with dragonlink I have the telemetry cables as long as 50cm with no data loss or any issues. If there are some limits for sik radios cables, I would really like to find them out, a quick browsing didn’t show results for long cables issue.
Thanks,
Anton

there is no known issue with longer cables, as long as the modules get ~5v - they should be solid green if configured correctly (RX/TX traffic does not affect the ability to go/stay green)

That is what I thought I knew, too. However, I have checked that long cable for a number of times with the tester to confirm it was ok. With the short cable, managed to flash the modules to 1.9, the link seems strong, on bench, will be field testing in a while, both with short and long cable on the flying side.
Anton