3dr radio searching for air radio, no comunication

Im using a galaxy note 3 8" ,that has full USB host function.
When I connect the 3dr radio the green led stays blinking , searching for the sir radio, it never stops.

I know that the radios work fine, because if I switch from the android tab to a w8 tablet, it works perfect .

Any ideas to try ?
Thanks

Also droidplanner works fine when connected directly with the usb cable to the apm usb.

Any ideas?, speciall parameters on the radio that needs to be different than the ones used when connected to windows?

Thanks?

I have the same question. Mine will connect just fine to the laptop but not my tablet.

Launch droid planner. Unplug the usb then plug it back in and see if there is then a prompt from the tablets OS asking if you want to use it [ the radio ] for Droid Planner. Not sure if that’s it but if I have that issue that is usually the fix.

In my case it recognize the connectiion, and even connect wjth the ground radio, but green light on both radios continues to blink indicating searching for radio.
Dont know what else to try averithing deams to be ok, but no connection between the two radios.

How are you sure of this?? It might power up the radio but still not be connected. It needs a FTDI driver I think?? Just tossing idea’s around maybe look here…
ftdichip.com/Android.htm

Thanks for the info, but I understood that no driver is needed for android, that everything is included on the app , but I may be wrong , so will read more… Thank you

Ok,i have tested the terminal app, and can only confirm thst it is not a drver problem, because it also connects fine, but it the radios can not detect each other.
Anybody knows any firmware developer the 3dr radios, that could have a clear und3rstanding if the search sequence , and so help me to try something else ?

Not sure I can help but this is what I would do. Connect one directly to a PC or Mac and run the 3dr radio set up tool. Click on ‘Load settings’ write down all of the settings… channel number, speed, baud rate etc… Disconnect the radio. Then connect the second radio directly to the pc or mac again and click on ‘load settings’. See if everything is the same as the first radio. The power could be different if you want but everything else [ I think ] should be the same. If not change them so they are then select ‘save settings’. Hook up both radios and see if it works. I know you said they work fine on another platform but who knows. I recently had to do that I spent over an hour trying to get two to connect even though they use to work… but they acted finicky and then just would not connect. I did the above and they connect rock solid now. Worth a try I guess. Or could be you did all this already.

Thankyou for the suggestion, i did and in fact with windows , everithing works perfect,

Now with the ftdi terminal , i have entered into command mode , by typing +++, response is ok.
But then red light starts to flash at 3 times per second , while green blinks once per sec , and when sending additional ATI commands there is no response from the radio .
Any ideas ?

I guess I would re-post your questions here… probably get more responses. Good luck!
viewforum.php?f=22

OK, as IT paperas not to be a clear solution for this issue, ans even when I’m convinced that direct communication between the tablet usb , and the air radio should work ,
I have decided to go Bluetooth , and then connect the ground radio to a Bluetooth receiver , this is the best solution as there is no need to connect anything to I the tablet .
Will post the solution as soon as I receive the hardware.
G