3DR Apm 2.5.2 roll and pitch axis swapped ?(accelerometer)

Hi,
When I rotate my 3DR APM 2.5.2 board on the pitch axis the virtual HUD and the pitch value in the mission planner change and rotate on the roll axis.
The same with the roll axis when I rotate my hexacopter or the board alone on the roll axis … in the virtual HUD and status it’s the values of the pitch axis that change and it’s rotate on the pitch axis.

My board is aligned forward with the arrow on the top of the board forward.
The board is powered via an ESC (or the USB alone in the test with the board alone).
I calibrated the compass and the accelerometer. (no GPS in my testing)
I selected the right frame hexacopter X
I calibrated the ESC.
I tested the latest firmware and older ones … same thing.
I tested Mission Planner and APM planner new and older one… same thing.
I tested the 3.3v regulator … it’s ok … not blown

Is the axis in the image below correct ? Pitch … Roll and YAW.
Is it normal that when I rotate on the pitch … the roll rotate ?

Thank You

Jean-Pierre

Please provide a logfile or a parameter dump as advised in the instructions on how to use this forum.

Hi,
I am at work for now… I will be able to send it tonight.
But maybe it can help me to figure out if something is wrong by just answer the simple question …
is the pitch , roll and yaw axis are like in the pictures ?
I did not find anything in the documentation about this…

Thank You

Jean-Pierre

[quote=“jpleveillee”]But maybe it can help me to figure out if something is wrong by just answer the simple question …
is the pitch , roll and yaw axis are like in the pictures ?[/quote]
Yes, your pictures are correct. My guess would be that you misconfigured the board orientation. That’s why we need the config dump or logfile,

I finally decided to go home to check after some research about the board orientation…
and in the settings the AHRS_ORIENTATION was setted to YAW:90 … I dont know why …
I opened the box … plugged it in my PC … and appart the basic settings like frame type … accelerometer calibration and compass I never touched the settings about orientation.

Anyway problem solved… it’s working …

JP