3D Robotic's FPV/OSD kit questions

Well, I ordered 3DR’s FPV/OSD kit, but wanted to go back and read more information on it…and now I can find NOTHING on 3DR’s website. It is almost as if it never existed. I will call on Monday to see what is going on, but hoping someone on the site can help. Here is how this shows on my invoice: (VID-KIT-0007 3DR Video/OSD System Kit 1 $189.99). But any search for this by item number, description, etc., gives me no results.

Until I can figure out what is up with not being able to find it on their website, please allow me to ask the questions I was hoping to get answered from 3DR’s website:

1. Can someone explain briefly how one receives the video feed. Will I be able to use a tablet/smartphone, or will I need to get some type of specialized monitor or headset, like the Fatshark makes?

2. If the answer above is that I will be able to use a tablet/smartphone, I assume that if I am also trying to use Andropilot or other GSC software, that I will have to have a separate monitor (tablet or smartphone).

Anyway, just thinking I might have acted too quickly in buying that kit, so hoping someone can help me decide if I should cancel that part of the order. I was hoping to use it with the 3DR iris.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ausome,

The All in one FPV kit is still in 3DR’s store, but not in their store index anymore and it is shown as out of stock. :frowning:

store.3drobotics.com/products/3dr-fpv-osd-kit

I am trying to get one too, but they seem to be having trouble putting it all together.

Since yours is on order I would suggest you write 3DR directly and ask what is going on with it.

Best Regards,

Gary

[quote=“AUsome”]Well, I ordered 3DR’s FPV/OSD kit, but wanted to go back and read more information on it…and now I can find NOTHING on 3DR’s website. It is almost as if it never existed. I will call on Monday to see what is going on, but hoping someone on the site can help. Here is how this shows on my invoice: (VID-KIT-0007 3DR Video/OSD System Kit 1 $189.99). But any search for this by item number, description, etc., gives me no results.

Until I can figure out what is up with not being able to find it on their website, please allow me to ask the questions I was hoping to get answered from 3DR’s website:

1. Can someone explain briefly how one receives the video feed. Will I be able to use a tablet/smartphone, or will I need to get some type of specialized monitor or headset, like the Fatshark makes?

2. If the answer above is that I will be able to use a tablet/smartphone, I assume that if I am also trying to use Andropilot or other GSC software, that I will have to have a separate monitor (tablet or smartphone).

Anyway, just thinking I might have acted too quickly in buying that kit, so hoping someone can help me decide if I should cancel that part of the order. I was hoping to use it with the 3DR iris.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

You need an appropriate monitor screen sir. This can be either the Fatshark goggles or a suitable FPV monitor screen.

I am not too sure about using it with the GCS. You have to read up on it and scan through the forums.
Sorry i couldn’t help much.

I am using an FPV system and have found a way to pipe through the video to my Boscam goggles and Mission Planner.

I receive the signal from the transmitter using a Boscam receiver which I then split it up between a video capture device such as the Diamond vc500 USB as well as a 2.4 ghz transmitter that transmits to my goggles. That way I dont use my goggles to receive the signal then have to have a lead going down to my laptop.

I then use Mission Planner to use the captured streaming video for the VC500 to replace the blue/green background on the main gimbal. Works a treat and mimizes the cables coming out of my goggles.

You dont need the goggles but they make for a good FPV experience. Having streaming video on MP also allows you to view where the quad is and how it is travelling on missions.

[quote=“GCBrentA”]I am using an FPV system and have found a way to pipe through the video to my Boscam goggles and Mission Planner.

I receive the signal from the transmitter using a Boscam receiver which I then split it up between a video capture device such as the Diamond vc500 USB as well as a 2.4 ghz transmitter that transmits to my goggles. That way I dont use my goggles to receive the signal then have to have a lead going down to my laptop.

I then use Mission Planner to use the captured streaming video for the VC500 to replace the blue/green background on the main gimbal. Works a treat and mimizes the cables coming out of my goggles.

You dont need the goggles but they make for a good FPV experience. Having streaming video on MP also allows you to view where the quad is and how it is travelling on missions.[/quote]

Thats a very ingenious setup…