30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

Have a look at Happytime
It works for me very good. GStreamer is quite complex.

Thank you but i still have to use vlc player …im so confused but getting there lol

Wouldnt just putting a hdmi adapter on the end of the ethernet cable and plugging that into the hdmi spot on my tv work? Like how you plug the hdmi cable from your computer into the tv and it shows your computer screen on the tv?

I feel there is more to it than this and i know its sad but i cant afford the hdmi converter siyi sells right now…

Why? It’s one or the other, not?

Welcome to try an Android simulator in Windows for running SIYI FPV app.

NEW FIRMWARE & NEW FEATURES FOR

• R1 Recording Camera

• R1M Recording Camera

• Air Unit Recording HDMI Input Converter

SIYI team continues to make efforts on camera imaging technologies since the release of ZR10 gimbal camera.

R1 Recording Camera, R1M Recording Camera (included in MK15 Enterprise FPV Combo), and Air Unit Recording HDMI Input Converter (included in MK15 Enterprise HDMI Combo) have all been coming with record functions along with other cool new features.

• Support updating firmware by SD card
  • Support checking and changing IP addresses by SD card
  • Support multiple video streams simultaneously display
  • Support switching image transmission resolution through SIYI FPV app

Above parts can also be purchased separately.

R1 Recording Camera supports 1080p video recording.

R1M Recording Camera supports 720p video recording.

Welcome to acquire the latest firmware and guide from the relevant product links in SIYI Official Store!

Recording what Format?

Last upgrade to get .mp4 files didn’t work long. It worked one times only and then was gone.
Here my post 892 from Aug.25 witch was not answered, may be overlooked. :wink:
Recording Cam no more recording in .MP4.
I tried with two different Memory Cards( 16GB and 32 GB Formated in FAT32), 10 times Updrading with the 2 files.
FPV App shows Camera Firmware v0.1.7
When swapping the slider in the App" Record" to left (off) it shows a message:
Record data lost. please check your TFCard
But the files are still recorded in .265 Format.

H.265
You can find detail specs also the manual in the product link in official store.

I’m afraid that the auto converter feature is not fully ready yet. We will still suggest converting files by software by customer.

It happens with some cards, you can ignore the message if the recorded video is fine.

1 Like

In this case, no video is recorded.

No need, I solved it by using a Gopro with the HDMI Converter.
And no free converter available for such exotic Format.(60$ per year)
Realy unrealistic to use this .265 Format.

Hi @lorbass ,
What gimbal do you use? I also plan to use gopro 7 or 9 or 10, and I am still looking for suitable gimbal for the Gopro. Gopro 7 and 10 weight is about 150 gr, so I can use old Tarot or BGC gimbal. Could you pls.share what gimbal do you use… Tks

Is this the latest app? v393 or v404 or above?

Hi lorbass, just looked quickly into this a bit. I don’t want to go into discussions in this tread, if needed we could take it somewhere else. But:

1. have a look at VidCoder.net, it should be user friendly and free and based on a very good engine called Handbrake.
  2. in my (limited) opinion h.265 is not an exotic format. It’s around since 2016. It’s designed as a RTP payload format for the video coding. Again, as I understand now, it’s about 50% of the size of the 264 protocol so uses less bandwidth in the IP transport. So, not so exotic and very useful in the implementation of SIYI however maybe not the best format to store on a local storage because there are not much viewers that support the file format (it’s not designed to be). Although VLC supposed to do it. But to stream the video in one format and store in in a second asks for more real time processing.

Just my 2 cents

1 Like

For the Skywalker 6 I do not use a gimbal.
For the large Quad Copter I use Feiyutech, Mini2D Gimbal(2 Axis) With the Gopro 3+ Black Edition.

But no idea, if newer Version of Gopro have a Live HDMI Out.
Some of them have a HDMI Out but only for replay.
Please check it before buying.

I use V2.5.393. fb08a2b

Please also have a try of the v404 version
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LwiTAOVnlGyZ1k4RFJHyKzmMIQSOYIMt?usp=sharing

Thanks for helping.
I declared this as exotic, because different Apps for Processing Videos like Wondershare Filmora
can import up to 13 different Formats but not .265.
This means, nobody use it. :wink:

But there is another reason to use Gopros instead of the SIYI Cams. The video transmitted from
the HDMI Live Out of the Gopro, via the HDMI Converter has a better Quality (no Artifacts) for FPV.
And by the way the Gopro records a .MP4 Format. Negativ, the Gopro weights 80gr plus HDMI Converter and together are more expensive.

I do not use SIYI Cams, but I’m arguing to show the problem and to help newbis.

Again, not going into a discussion but this is not true. It is being used widely but maybe not as a saved file format. But something like your Netflix could be using .265 in streaming mode.

As for the Gopro, you are converting Video to an HDMI format and using the SIYI converting the HDMI to .265 :slight_smile: It’s good that SIYI has this low latency converter. But yes, the video in the Gopro (separate processor!) saves it as a MP4 format

The Gopro 3 has a Live HDMI Out wich is feeded to the SIYI HDMI Converter via the
cable also supplied with the converter.

An yes, the Latency is not worse.

I need the recorded video to make this:
(So far without Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, …) :wink:

Can someone point me to the hdmi convertor i need to plug directly into the hdmi port on my tv and get video? Looks like their is an air unit and ground unit hdmi convertor…i just want to view the video on my tv live in hd.

1 Like