3.6 supports Camera trigger?

Thanks so much Plane Dev team ^^

I’ve tested cam trigger by clicking “Trigger camera now” on MP but It doesn’t work.

I found this trouble with 3.6 beta and same issue with 3.6.

Is there any further configuration I need with 3.6 release?

thanks in advance

P.S : It works well with AP3.5.x

I’ve tested both Sony Nex-7 with sLED and Canon S110 with CHDK(gentWire) but both didn’t work

Try setting CAM_TRIGG_DIST to 1 and then put your hand over the GPS to reduce the accuracy. The plane’s position will start to move around the map and every time it moves more than 1m the camera will trigger. If not, this is a problem with your chosen parameters or camera or cable, not mission planner.

Thanks iskess,

My cameras and cables are working well with AP3.5 but not with 3.6. That’s my trouble…^^;
Anyway I will try it as you mentioned.

Are your triggers PWM based or relay? Relay should be no problem, if its PWM based it may require the aircraft to be armed.

You can trigger taking photos from MP by right clicking the map on the flight data screen and selecting the “Trigger Camera NOW” option (this is more reliable then the 1m trick).

I haven’t flashed 3.6 yet but master from 2 days before 3.6 went out didn’t have any problems triggering cameras. (I use relay setups primarily)

Thank you so much WickedShell,

It works perfectly after armed ^^.

May I have one more question about Relay?
You mean just set “CAM_TRIGG_TYPE=1” or anything else?

Thanks in advance ^^;

Yeah I was referring to CAM_TRIGG_TYPE 1 (and then you would need to configure the CAM_RELAY_ON and RELAY_* parameters appropriately) this isn’t a drop in for PWM in general it depends on your camera or IR board which is the correct type.

thanks WickedShell ^^