3.4 beta

What’s new in 3.4 beta?
Is there a separate beta forum that I don’t know about?

Any help?

github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/ … -notes.txt

Would like to see all failsafe’s ignored when disarmed personally.

Can anyone give a report on how it flies?

Any bugs so far, is it safe to try?

I have flown 3.4 beta fine, tho, with limited time on it due to the solar storms going on, but at least stab, FBWA RTL, loiter and auto takoff are working… Hopefully can get to some flying today…

When is this beta going to be released for APM? I can see only PixHawk firmware in beta folder.
firmware.diydrones.com/Plane/beta/

Thanks

@jendabek,
I believe that v3.3 was the end of the line for the APM due to memory size limitations.
Regards,
TCIII GM

[quote=“TCIII”]@jendabek,
I believe that v3.3 was the end of the line for the APM due to memory size limitations.
Regards,
TCIII GM[/quote]
It seems you haven’t read the 3.4 beta release note :wink:

[quote]I have started the beta release cycle for the 3.4.0 release of
plane. This will be the last release that supports the APM1/APM2 boards.[/quote]

[quote=“jendabek”]When is this beta going to be released for APM? I can see only PixHawk firmware in beta folder.
firmware.diydrones.com/Plane/beta/

Thanks[/quote]

It’s time to upgrade. I have a Pixhawk in the mail so I can upgrade my Quad. I have a couple of Pixhawks and can testify that they are far superior to the old obsolete APM hardware. There are plenty of good deals so there is no excuse not to upgrade.

Been using 3.4 for a couple weeks now. Flies awesome. the EKF is definitely a nice improvement, especially in windy conditions.

[quote=“RC Mike”]
It’s time to upgrade. I have a Pixhawk in the mail so I can upgrade my Quad. I have a couple of Pixhawks and can testify that they are far superior to the old obsolete APM hardware. There are plenty of good deals so there is no excuse not to upgrade.

.[/quote]

For me, its not time to upgrade my APM because it can do everything I need for my plane. The extra features supported on PixHawk only are nice but not worth replacement / spending extra money for me as I only need a flight controller that can do stabilization, RTL and allows to use OSD.
I am OK with 3.4 as the last firmware for APM as it does everything I need for now.