3.2 and AutoTune Disfunction

I’ve posted before with no solution. So I thought I’d post this most recent result separately.

I have all MP FlightModes functional on the bench and have flown through Stab,AltHld, Loiter and RTL (and normal, Simple, SupSimple on Channel 8).

I programmed Channel 7 for AutoTune. The Autotune audibles start and stop “seem” to function, but no apparent pitch and roll tuning takes place.

Here’s the glitch. I trigger Channel 7/AutoTune when Flight Mode2/AltHld is current. However, Flight Mode 4 is then highlighted and whatever is programmed there shows as current at the top of the MP page as well as on the FightData HUD.

Limited success work around/ RTL only. If I program FM 4 for RTL and then trigger Channel 7/RTL every mode works on the bench as well as flying.

Any insights greatly appreciated.
SC

It would be nice to see a flight log.

Auto Tune only works in Alt Hold Mode so it will not start unless that is the case.

The logs will tell us what mode you were in when Auto Tune was turned on.

Also will be able to see RCIN for channel 5 to see what flight mode was entered.

Mike

Thanks Mike!

Log attached.
As you’ll see I’m in Flight Mode 2/AltHld Channel 5. Please note the action of Channel 7 (although programmed for AutoTune still shows AltHld). I repeated this action for possible clarity. As you can also see I have Flight Mode 4 also programmed AltHld in the hopes it would present the opportunity for the AutoTune Override.

I do get audibles for AutoTune start/stop when triggering Channel 7. Once or twice it starts a momentary tuning roll pitch, then settles into AltHld. If we were viewing the MP/ Flight Mode set up page we would see Flight Mode 4 highlighted when Channel 7 is triggered.

Steve

[quote=“iseries”]It would be nice to see a flight log.

Auto Tune only works in Alt Hold Mode so it will not start unless that is the case.

The logs will tell us what mode you were in when Auto Tune was turned on.

Also will be able to see RCIN for channel 5 to see what flight mode was entered.

Mike[/quote]

Not getting the issue here. Auto Tune seems have been worked and it has values.
Auto Tune is not a flight mode and will not show as a mode. From Alt Hold it will do its thing until you move it and then it will pause until it can take over again. When its done you can land with auto tune on and disarm to save the new values or turn auto tune off before you disarm and keep what you had.

You were turning it on and off so it did not change anything.

Mike

Many Thanks Mike,
Your explanation provided me with that vital missing component. I was expecting the Channel7/Auto Tune to (override Alt Hold and) show up as a Flight Mode. Clearly it does not. I was able to complete the 1st AutoTune “Success.” It went well and took a short time to complete.

[quote=“iseries”]Not getting the issue here. Auto Tune seems have been worked and it has values.
Auto Tune is not a flight mode and will not show as a mode. From Alt Hold it will do its thing until you move it and then it will pause until it can take over again. When its done you can land with auto tune on and disarm to save the new values or turn auto tune off before you disarm and keep what you had.

You were turning it on and off so it did not change anything.

Mike[/quote]