3.1.2r2- two Pixhawks - same quad ---> two crashes?

Now, I have had two crashes at the end of normal flights. Both crashes occurred at touchdown while in stabilize and Alt hold…

3d4 quad
Pixhawk 2.4 x2wk
3.1.2.r2 in both PHs
Futaba T8fg n6203rx
900mhz telemetry

I have reviewed the log and it does not show any imu activity showing the rapid full throttle and flip to the ground… The only finding I see is a tall spike in the accZ tracing at the moment of loss of tracings…

I dont think this is a Pixhawk issue but the spike in acc seems to bring on the event… I will also look for the log in the initial crash but I have included the most recent log…
Could be Futaba spikes…

Thanks

Thanks

I found the log of the first episode… I see the same accz spike initiating the crash in this log too.

I changed back to the TFR4-B receiver… IT seems to have stopped the flips and crashes I was having using the Futaba receiver… Having updated to MP .96 I am unable to download logs… If weather permits will try some more test flights…

I think all the problematic crashes we due to the Fut 6203 with the pixhawk… Troublesome spikes occurred at the point of loss of control… The pixhawk with the TFR4-B worked perfectly over a couple of fights tonight… It is strange, though, that the 6203 works fine with the APM 2.5 over a long period of time…

Also I see the same spikes on xyz axes (eg 8x10 ^ 38) :open_mouth: I did not understand, however, how you solved, can you give me some info on the most?

thanks

I switched to a FrSky TFR4 receiver…

happens to me with the FrSky delta8 (TX Aurora 9) but how is it possible that the rx interfere with the accelerometer?

I never tried landing with altitude hold on, for I thought I read somewhere that you are not suppose to land with alt mode on because the actual alt hold function itself does not know that you touched down and will try to continue and correct for altitude. Can someone confirm this?

You can land in Altitude Hold mode. Be careful until you are sure it works on your system, but it does work for most. It should touch down, and after a few seconds, you’ll see the motors spin down to minimum throttle. If you leave it sitting there for about 15-20 seconds, with the throttle stick all the way on the bottom, then it will disarm and stop the motors.