22 inch quad, tuning

Hi,

I’ve played around with my hardware and some settings for a while now and think it’s time to get to tuning.

I’ve decided to give manual tuning a go and some guidance would be appreciated. I’ve done manual tuning in the past but I only changed the parameters and flew the drone to feel the change.

I would like to get a better understanding of how the parameters affect flight. I want to tune more from the log since towards the end of the tune the log might be a better too than just the feel of the aircraft.

Log: 2023-09-16 10-16-12.bin - Google Drive

Any advice would be appreciated!

I checked over the notch filter settings and I’d probably adjust to these:

INS_HNTCH_FREQ,16
INS_HNTCH_REF,0.24
INS_HNTCH_HMNCS,3

Use the minimum possible bandwidth to minimise and lag in PIDs, and put back 11 for the harmonics value if 3 allows too much noise.

Attitude control looks reasonable and just a tiny bit lacking.
I’d probably run Autotune again, or maybe set AUTOTUNE_AGGR,0.08
By manual tuning I assume you mean transmitter-based tuning? just work through the doco

Also set these:

BATT_FS_LOW_ACT,2 or 3
PSC_ACCZ_I,0.5
PSC_ACCZ_P,0.25

And you should be able drop the logging to:
LOG_BITMASK,180222
to include PIDs but not the fast harmonic logging.

1 Like

Thanks!

I’ll try those notch settings!

By manual tuning, I mean to both tune based on the felt behavior but also changing values based on log data to achieve the best possible tracking (desired vs actual).

I won’t be able to test fly today but hopefully on Wednesday or Thursday.

I finally had time to sit down with my drone and looks over the parameters. Why should I set my canter frequency to 16? It was at around 48 before which is logical since my first spike is there and than the harmonics follow. But 16? I can’t seem to find anything at 16hz?

Very sorry, it must have been my typing error - I meant 46Hz for frequency
Good of you to pick up on that.