2.4ghz telemetry

Hello!
I am quite new to this hobby and am currently planning to attempt building my own fixed wing (planning mostly short/medium range autonomous flight).
For the flight controller, I have already ordered the Pixhawk 2.4.8 (clone because I’m broke)
I was looking for telemetry radios and got quite confused

So I live in Japan, which sucks, because 868mhz, 433 mhz and all the other common bands are illegal to use/used for important things
So a large portion of the common radios are illegal here in Japan
2.4ghz is legal so I am mostly searching in that area but if there are other alternatives please let me know

I’m looking for a radio with 3-5km of range and something under 25k JPY (200$?) for both TX and RX.
I can’t find any 2.4ghz telemetry radios though:
I’ve found the ZOON 2.4ghz units but can’t find any reviews and found a few people saying that they aren’t great
Also found the Siyi things on alibaba but that seems sketchy like a lot of stuff on alibaba

Also found many 2.4g ELRS radios but am confused if they can be used for telemetry or not? Seems like the receiver is supposed to be used with a controller to display telemetry on the controller screen and not for Mission Controller

Any help or info appreciated!
Sorry if something I said is incorrect or stupid, I’m a newbie :slight_smile:

2.4 works for telemetry, and elrs is supposed to work also though I haven’t personally got it working yet.

1 Like

Yea I found the thing
https://ja.aliexpress.com/item/1005001894052265.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2jpn

I’ve read someone using the SIYI somewhere but heard bad things about the zoon