105 g 3" 1S Nano 4.3 DEV

Hi!

I didn’t find the board you’re using on the ardupilot supported hardware.

Are there more of these small boards with integrated ESCs that work with ardupilot?

Thanks!

@Axel1
I usually scroll through the https://custom.ardupilot.org/ and look at the boards there to see whats supported there may also be a more definitive source other than there

To make sure that this board was actually capable of flying I flashed betaflight and the exact same setup work on default pids there so i know this board will fly with this setup no problems. I have tried everything under the sun to get this thing to work with arducopter but I cannot and I will admit I am not the greatest at understanding pids and how things all play together. I will be more than willing to send a complete frame to any of the devs of arducopter (US or International) for them to play with in hopes it will make these smaller style whoop drones easier in arducopter.

@anon53993083 Are you sure you have motors connected in right order? Betaflight and Ardupilot orders differ, so you can’t easily flash Betaflight on the same board and fly it without re-soldering ESC wires or changing pin mappings.

@Vavooon

100% confident its correct, rechecked about 10 times as that’s what I thought as well. I didn’t just simply reflash and fly with BF as I had to adjust motors given my board layout/orientation. my reasoning behind flashing BF was to confirm all gyros and accels worked which they did. Unless from the motor test screen to actual arming the motors changed direction it was unflyable with any PID combinations. Again I admit I am not the greatest at pid tuning and how everything plays into on another.

@anon53993083 Thanks, I still feel there’s something wrong with motors order, since it shouldn’t flip instantly when you have too high PIDs, it just wobble a lot but maintains. I’d like to ask you to do a couple of tests when you have some spare time:

1. Please take a video when you make motors test through Mission Planner in A-B-C-D sequence.
  2. What are your current PIDs? Please try to set either ATC_RAT_PIT_P and ATC_RAT_RLL_P to 0.075 (considering rest of PID values are default).
  3. In order to ensure you have correct motors order, you can hold the drone in one hand, give little throttle and try to tilt it. The drone will resist and try to align itself in case order is correct, otherwise it will start pulling different arm and try to flip, so prepare yourself to pull down throttle or do emergency stop.
  4. You can also set some rotary encoder on your RC to tune P value, set it from 0 to 0.1 for beginning.

These are all my ideas, but I believe that first one(s) should help.