To suggest a nice FPV camera for drone according to these specs:

Hi
Meanwhile my apm 2.8 work is going on, I am researching about an FPV camera which meets the following requirements:
Under $100(or ±5$) (or maybe under 9500INR)

PWM video recording on/off support(optional)

Simultaneous recording in SD card and live video output(mandatory)

Should record in 4K 30FPS max.(Mandatory)

And here’s what I found:
Runcam split 4

Could you suggest moreless somewhat like this camera?

Anybody found out anything!???

None of the currently available cameras support PWM control. They require UART control using the Runcam serial protocol. Honestly you need to ditch that APM 2.8. It is unsupported now and will never have UART control. I encourage you to beg, borrow, steal enough to get something like this.

Even though it has only 1mb flash you can use the custom ardupilot compiler to get any features you need like Runcam control and you can use current firmware.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Here is the ideal camera for you. It’s as cheap as they come and it’s labeled by your favorite re-seller of less than quality goods.
Awesome FPV camera

The perfect companion to the APM Flight Controller and best of all no soldering required.

1 Like

Oho!
Yes! I am purchasing Kakute H7 wing FC by next month! But meanwhile, one of my friend here suggested to cure that apm 2.8 as well! To research and find out what might be the error in apm 2.8! He is assuming, if same error occurred even with next FC, then what will I do! Technicians should never sit quiet with a problem!
Don’t worry I will not steal, beg anything, by next month, my savings would be enough to buy Kakute H7 wing!

As I told, suggest me a camera which is suitable for Kakute H7 wing! I have said previously that I will be changing to Kakute by next month!
It’s that only my reasearch is going out in my apm 2.8! I will discontinue it forever just after a month! I am just assuming to cure it. And even if it becomes normal again, then also I will change to a new FC. So all discussions should be in favour of this fact that I will change to Kakute!

And this AWESOME CAMERA’s link is not opening. That AliExpress, bang good etc are banned in India. They do not run on browsers, nor their items are delivered in India now!

Now, what do you think about SJcam legend 6, to be used with gimbal? Legend 6 supports 4K 24FPS recording and gives a live video output. It also has a Pwm control and costs 9000INR. Have a look?:

https://www.amazon.in/SJCAM-Touchscreen-2880x2160-Novatek-Accessories/dp/B07DC4SCXS/ref=asc_df_B07DC4SCXS/?tag=googleshopmob-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=397044631348&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3193430352483777724&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007805&hvtargid=pla-847477547993&psc=1&mcid=94378a5c86d333d39624304a5b9f171b&ext_vrnc=hi&gclid=CjwKCAiA6KWvBhAREiwAFPZM7mtmmNjz9LhDYJTzE20VvU_etRO3IJuOD_sEv5DxXrAE80OV2HBuLhoCRl4QAvD_BwE

I can also purchase it’s FPV cable from some other website.

I recommend these for you. Not as good as Readytosky branded product but good enough for you.

FPV camera and VTX
FPV Goggles

First of all!
It’s UNAFFORDABLE!
secondly,
I just require a camera system in which, high quality video is recorded in SD card and a live video is also transmitted to my mobile phone.
Thirdly,
Amazon .com only works in foreign. In India, amazon.in works.
And you didn’t read I think the conditions given by me. The camera should be under $120 max!

LITERALLY! you are suggesting Dji O3 aur unit to a conservative person like me! HOW!?

Are you read the specification correct?
You claim Dave, that he did not read your conditions.

One condition:

Simultaneous recording in SD card and live video output(mandatory)

SJ6 Legend Live streaming NO

And from my opinion such a high weight (650g) camera is nothing for a small drone

Please understand how it all works!
Sjcam legend 6 has mini usb video output and from which, the video is passed on to TS835 transmitter. From which it is received by receiver. I hope you all know this system. Also, in legend 6, the video is simultaneously recorded by SD card. Just the camera cable is required. And Pwm control in video start and stop is also there. So, in your opinion, is this camera OK? Because my drone is using 1000KV motors. So it can lift a lots of weight. So no problem with the weight of camera.

You had tried this functionality of the camera by your own?
The value 1000kV did not show the power of a motor. Only how much turns it nominal made per volt.

No. Not by my own. But Mr Indian Life hacker is a channel in YouTube, and that person used this camera in his drone. I researched more and got one more video on this camera. It’s FPV quality is just awesome. And mainly, the video is recorded in a good quality. It’s quality cannot be said bad, as overall, it’s an action camera of SJcam.
Also, my drone can lift upto 2KG of payloads! I tested by myself. It lifted exactly 1KG and 826G to 20m of height successfully!

Did you all read and see this!!!::

And also see this:

Meanwhile, what’s the status of camera?
Or should I continue with legend 6??
Any 4K camera with video output and UART control? Split cameras? Action+FPV cameras? Any?

??? No comments;?

sorry but I don’t feel qualified to meet your expectations of help anymore…
Or to be more precise: combining your expectations of help with my sense of quality management creates a problem I am not able to solve.

3 Likes

I suggest you head on over to the Discord channel and present your questions there.

3 Likes

Everyone here has made an earnest effort to help you while remaining cognizant of your situation.

However, nearly every response has been met with a combative tone. The volume of exclamation marks in your replies makes it seem as if you are yelling at everyone trying to help, badgering them, and, at times (when your questions aren’t immediately answered), even pestering with an additional dose of exclamation marks and desperation. And now there’s an added measure of unwarranted ethnic remarks.

This tone, whether you realize it or not, gives the impression that you are refusing all help that’s been offered while, at the same time, making unreasonable demands (like a 4K FPV video system on a “poverty” budget, to use your own turn of phrase). You’ve garnered the attention of some of the community’s leading experts, and they are shying away now.

I don’t say any of this to attack you, but rather to make you aware of why the more recent responses have been quite reticent in offering further help or advice.

4 Likes