How To Tune Large Drone

Hi, I built a 5kg, 18-inch prop hexacopter. I did some flights in LOITER mode, but it seems that tuning is pretty bad. It hovers normally, and sometimes starts to yaw itself, but when I try to pitch or roll its reacting too late with a lot aggressiveness. And even in Loiter mode, I think its P rate is a lot. I did just a standard Initial Tuning, and mandatory calibrations. What should I do more, how can I tune this drone? Is there any guide for it?

Equipments used in drone;
-Pixhawk Cube Orange
-Ready To Sky 40A ESC
-T-Motor MN6007 II
-22Ah Li-Po Battery

Video:

Have you followed this: How to methodically tune (almost) any multicopter using ArduCopter 4.4.x ?

Thanks but, how do I PID tune the large drones? This or any discussion page dont mention that subject specifically. I need a Manual Tuning Guide.

That’s not a large drone and use the guide in the link and here:
Tuning Process

Our senior pilot Autotune a quad 23" propeller 1.45m wheelbase 14kg drone at a 30mx30mx6m cage space. Now Autotune come with lock position when twitching. The scary part is it yaw and a junior pilot may not able to figure it out the drone orientation.

Importantly, the drone must have low noise and low vibration before Autotune, reasonably good and sufficient propulsion system. After tune if you still getting some twitch or oscillation, can refer to this post.

1 Like

The methodic blog post linked above is applicable to drones of any size, as long as you follow all the steps. If you get creative and skip some steps it will probably not work as well. :wink: