Yaw issues during takeoff

@xfacta

I have finally resolved all my yaw and pitch issues by using ch1 and ch2 of my ppm encoder. TX1 (ch2) was not registering any input as the voltage was too high 3.12volts (with transmitter input). I had to pull it down to 1.45 volts with 41 ohm resistance, this bit was extremely sensitive or we get jitter with the signal.

I have made a couple of successful test flights since and its really stable now :slight_smile:

I did have a question about charging my lipos. What should be the amps I charge at? I think I once watched a youtube video which said to charge a 4000mah battery at 4A and 5000mah at 5A. Another video said not to charge it at high amps and set it to 2A instead. Which is correct? I probably need new batteries anyway since I get critical low volts after 5 mins of flight time for each battery.

Thanks for all the help!
Wayne

You can certainly safely charge LiPos at 1C, or even 2C but any more than that I’d research their specifications.

Work out if the voltage measurement on your craft is correct or not, or are the batteries depleting faster than expected.

• Manually calibrate your voltage sensor (at a low battery voltage level) to ensure it’s reading correctly during flight.
  • Check and adjust your current measurement as per the procedure below.

Accurate current and voltage measurement (and mahr in logs) will tell you how your battery is going.

• Start with a fully charged battery and hover for a while to use up a good proportion of a battery pack, land and immediately and charge the battery, note how much mah the charger put back in.
  • Examine logs and see what AC thought you used at {existing} Amps/volt.
  • New Amps/volt = old amps/volt x charger mah ÷ logged mah
  • You can fine tune this over several flights, and this method works really well when you don’t have a 100 amp current meter that weighs nothing
1 Like