WIFI Station skyviper

This is really weird, sorry you can’t get this to work.
Have you tried another router?

I suspect something is wrong with DHCP settings on yours.
Normally if you have WIFI.TXT on your SD card (no need to change Sonix source), and configure your router for DHCP address reservation (e.g. 192.168.1.101 associated with MAC address of Viper, with you router being, say, 192.168.1.1), then http://192.168.1.101 will get you to the web screen within at most one minute (more like 20 seconds or less on the ones I have) after power up of the viper. And mission planner or qgc will “see” the viper after connecting. You should also see with wireshark or equivalent the router binding ip address to MAC address, then UDP broadcast packets on port 14550 from Viper.

I’d try with another router, you can get cheap Wireless N used ones for $25 … Should work with stock settings after configuring for Internet connection, besides the DHCP reservation bit.

And no need to have Internet connection of course, but good to verify for initial configuration. I’ve taken mine outside with a Lipo as power supply and any viper could be connected fine from a laptop.

Hi OlivierB, thanks.

yes quite unfortunate with this ;D

what is fastest way to know the MAC of my vipers.

btw after loading sonix firmware it seems i lost flight parameters again so i had to do the workaround of loading via MP the ones i saved from original new skyviper.

although your suggestion is great if you have to do this for dozens of skyvipers it can be a bit slow process too.

yes i have tried with more routers. anyway more people is having my problem with the wifi station mode.

You can use wireshark on windows or tcpdump on Linux. Power the Viper on without sd card, and you will see the MAC address in packets from the Viper.

Yes, I have this issue on all of mine. I hope I can get together with Tridge to debug this. It’s not easy, as so far it’s been impossible to reproduce. (In other words, I haven’t been able to revert any Viper to a state where this does not happen anymore, and then make it happen while watching/debugging. So far it’s been a one time irreversible thing, well, at least for me.)

Hi OlivierB,

Ok thank you. I, ll give another try to it soon.

Cheers

Hi, I was facing the same issue and the modifications in wifi device’s source code didn’t help. But when I tried using my phone’s as a wifi hotspot/access point skyviper connected to it without any issues. I just put the requisite WIFI.TXT in my SD card and it worked fine. I tried this with a few other skyvipers I have and they could connect to my phone’s hotspot but they are unable to connect to my TP-Link Archer C1200 router. I think I need to change some settings to make it work but I don’t know what changes to make.