What sensors can/should I get for redundancy?

@Chraebi,

I think you’re right that we only log the innovations of the compass being used and not the other compasses. It could be added as an enhancement request on the AP issues list. I can’t make any promises about when it would be added because at least personally my to-do list is very packed but perhaps another developer will pick it up.

P.S. Also I agree that initially all EKF cores start with the same primary compass and then they individually decide for themselves if they should switch to one of the other compasses based on the innovations they calculate.

1 Like

Thank you rmacky9 for your help. As you said, there might be more important tasks than logging all the innovations, but if the individual ekf cores check the innovations of all compasses and then decide, I’m fine.

Kind regards
Chraebi

Has anyone here tried adding a IMU using SPI on pixhawk 1 or using external IMU on CAN?

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone.

I finally found an ADS-B Hex board and Orange Cube in stock near me (from SpektreWorks), and ordered one. Can’t wait for its arrival.

I see there are a few different connectors on the board when compared to my Pixhawk1:

No serial 4/5 port
Two GPS ports
Dual Power ports

Currently I have my telemetry cable plugged into the Serial 4/5 port. Where will I plug this into on the Hex board?

As for the dual power ports, currently I have a Mauch sensor plugged into my power port, and then I have two Mauch BEC’s installed. One is connected to the sensor (which plugs into Power port) and the other to the back of my Pixhawk1 servo rail. In the case of the Hex board, it looks like I need to use the other cable which came with the BEC to go to the other power port on the Hex board.

Should I connect both my Ublox M8N and 3dr GPS’s to the new board as well? Will the triple redundand GPS’s help resist drone attacks or make my auto flights more precise?

Everything else should connect up the same, but am I missing anything? Any particular settings which might not get transferred over when writing my params to the new board, or anything else I will need to go with the new board? Any other suggestions for making the upgrade?