What battery size and rating would be recommended for a large hexa?

Just an update I now have a couple of Zeee Power 4S 5200maAh batteries and one pair of master airscrew 12x4.5 MR props - I had to order from two sources as they are out of stock everywhere in the UK.
I did a couple of discharge/Charge cycles on one of the new batteries and 1st discharge to 3.2V was 1663mAh and charge to full was 5228mAh. 2nd discharge was 5156mAh and charge of 5184mAh.

Just waiting for another 2 sets of props before I can configure and test new setup

I waited 2 weeks for the second UK Master Airscrew supplier to then find out they were on back order with an unknown fulfilment date - I ordered direct from California and they arrived in 6 days - very impressed.

Hopefully get to try the new setup tomorrow night :crossed_fingers:

3.2 is getting pretty aggressive. Keep it to 3.5v/cell and they’ll last you a long time.

I wouldn’t normally and I think Arducopter is set to 3.4v. 3.2 was the manufacturers minimum which I used to test capacity on a new battery - but thanks for the warning Allister

This was a 5ish minute hover on the new battery and 12" Master Airscrew props.

It was no nice to be in the air for more than a few seconds! I think the cell voltage was 3.7 when I landed so still some left in the tank.

Thanks for all of the help and advice everyone

1 Like