Vehicle heading not working in yawed direction

In our Copter, we use an external compass, RM3100, beside a GPS. We enabled only this compass for COMPASS_USE parameter, other compasses are disabled.
After arming before take off, the HUD screen notified with " EKF3 IMU1 MAG0 in-flight yaw alignment complete." Then, I took off a few meters of altitude. And then I moved the Copter a few meters ‘forward’. And I yawed a few degrees left/right ,and then I just wanted to move the vehicle accordingly with yawed heading. But when I moved the Pitch RC channel switch for yawed heading, the vehicle only moved in ‘previous direction’, the direction before doing yaw movement, with changed heading. Although the vehicle heading changed according to Yaw movement, the vehicle’s moving direction didn’t changed. How do can I solve this problem ? Help me:⁠-⁠( .
I uploaded bin file for that flight for help if you want.

You have the parameter SIMPLE set to 1. SIMPLE is a bitmask paramter to determine which flight modes use the simple mode. 1 is bit 0, which means flight mode 1 uses it, which is Loiter in your case.
You can read about simple mode here.
In short, simple mode means pitch forward on the RC transmitter always means forward as it was when arming, no matter how the drone is turned.

1 Like

Thank you for your help. It made me to understand the difficulty.
Additionally, let me ask you a few things that I don’t understand. I positioned the GPS’s arrow heading accordingly with FC’s orientation. And I choosed the COMPASSx_ORIENTATION=0 and AHRS_ORIENTATION=0. But after the compass calibration, Holybro F9P’s COMPASSx_ORIENTATION param value automatically changed to 6 which is yaw 270. Is it normal condition for that GPS, or Do I need to rewrite it to zero?

As long as the heading is displayed correctly in mission planner when connected I wouldn’t worry about that. It is unexpected though, I agree.

In fact, the exact same thing happened to our compass in the How to methodically tune (almost) any multicopter using ArduCopter 4.4.x guide and it works fine.

1 Like