Using 18650 cells in multi rotors

Yes I have 30A ESCs (2S-4S compatible). As per my calculation, using 4S will give me additional thrust of 320g (approx) and the AUW will increase by 100g.
But a 3S3P is better or a 4S2P.I have 9 LG HG2 cells with me.

I’m also concerned about the cells being discharged unequally. Although I’m using identical and new cells, is there a mechanism to ensure a balanced discharge?

I used on both fix wing and multirotor with great success. Extended flight time and/or weight saving are main advantages, Recharge time and low discharge current (max 30A) are main disadvantages

I have procured LG-HG2 cells but they seem to be protected cells. The vendor isn’t sure about the rating of the protective circuit.

To what extent a protective circuit affects the CDR and output voltage of a cell?

Thanks

I have tried using a 3S2P 18650 battery made with LG-HG2 cells in my quadcopter. The copter lost thrust suddenly after 5 mins of flight. After some rest it took off again and there was a thrust loss after another five minutes. Any hints to what can be the issue?

The link to dataflash log file is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10HGLcqxFber6IJ9Oshs7MGEunRRT45yF/view?usp=sharing

Hi,

The throttle of your copter maxes out after 5 minutes of flight.
The vehicle needs at least 80% of available throttle to hover.
shown here:

The motor/prop/battery/weight combo is on the weak side.

hi, what software is this? with which software are you looking at the logs?

Hi prodha,

The graph is done using MAVExplorer link
This is a python based tool running on all platforms. All you need to know can be found in the link above.

Good luck!!!

1 Like