UAVCAN servo suppliers

@ppoirier
Just looking to make some tweeks to what is baked in by default.

Do you know - Is there any reason why Rangefinder is not included in the default build?
Don’t want to add it and then discover that it consumes too much processor time or something.

I have 5 nodes on the aircraft and would like to give them all the same firmware but apply different parameters to each to govern their actual task.

I know @tridge made a serial rangefinder node a month ago, will probably test a little bit later

Node peripheral distribution is the essence of uavcan, providing you can map correctly the devices so the FC can operate them.

Can confirm that the Rangefinder node works. I tested it yesterday.

Will see if I can copy that code into the generic L431 HWdef. Wish me luck - not done this before.

Is there any bus health information? IE would Ardupilot know if a node is unhealthy and tell me?

Per default, nodes can provide high resiliance features using watchdog, CRC and board checks.

I would be interesting if @tridge could make a short blog/video on how we can exploit these features :wink:

1 Like

You are right, of course.

Parameter H743-NG(V1), V4.2.1beta1 :
h743.param (24.1 KB)

Parameter L431 (HW 438, SW 1.3.8C8682C0):
L431.param (1.6 KB)

On another L431 and on a Pixhawk 1 I can’t get the servo to work either. Airspeed sensor and GPS are working on the L431.

1 Like

I am sure you are on this… but are you 100% sure the servo is getting power?

Yes, the power supply is directly from the h743, only the PWM cable is connected to the PWM output 1 of the L431. Cross check by plugging into the H743 servo 1 output: the servo works fine.

Do you have one or two CAN port on the Matek H743(V1) ?
Maybe you are plugging on the CAN 2 (it works only on CAN 1 for me).

Only one CAN port on then H743(v1)
I will next try if ESC control works

See here for a post from Tridge on how to do this. Using MatekL431 adapters for PWM and DShot - #2 by hendjosh

Did you turn of the safety switch during testing?

The H743 does not have a safety switch. After arming or switching off the preflight check it does not work either.

Thanks @hendjosh
Thanks for your help. It works now. It seems to be a problem of all boards without SafetySwitch: ChibiOS: add BRD_SAFETYENABLE on all boards by tridge · Pull Request #20812 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
Until then, it helps to activate the non-existing Safety Switch with the MP as you describe there: Using MatekL431 adapters for PWM and DShot - #2 by hendjosh