Transmitter range

Not sure why I can’t seem to upload a log file. In any case I think I have the answer.

Log files are typically too large to upload directly. Post a link to it in a Cloud service (Dropbox, etc).

@dkemxr Thanks for the advice.

Here is a link to the file in my OneDrive
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuUEq_-TMOnm6TKfiXb9zvm5Twcz

Cheers
Doug

In the parameter file associated with that log Fence is enabled for 100m radius and 50m altitiude with a RTL action.But in this case it looks like a Radio Failsafe caused the RTL.

1 Like

Hi Dave, @dkemxr

I know that you bound one of your SVs to a Taranis with the OrangeRX module. How did the range of that setup compare to the stock SV transmitter?

Also, when flying a mission plan in AUTO mode, do you have the “Enabled Continue with Mission in Auto Mode” set?

Thanks!

Hi Greg-Maybe 2X the Range or ~200m I guess. Yes I always enable that on multirotors missions.

1 Like

Dave, @dkemxr

While waiting for my OrangeRx TX module to arrive from HK China, I tried setting the FS_THR_ENABLE parameter to 2 for “Enabled Continue with Mission in Auto Mode”. When I turned off the stock SV transmitter, the throttle channel stayed at 1500 instead of going below 975. I assume that this will work differently when bound to the Taranis? or did you have to set something else?

Cheers!

I put a 6dbi antenna on my SV v2450gps transmitter and 2 3inch 3dbi antennas on my drone 1 for wifi for 1 for the actual antenna I get over 300 meter on FPV and 400 to 500 meter range with these simple mods it’s crazy how much better the flying is

Photos and product links for the antennas would be interesting if you could provide them.

Thanks!

1 Like

I guess I can’t really complain about altitude with my 2450gps … I’ve gotten it up to 423 ft.