Spektrum AR620 & Holybro Kahute H743

Hello,

I am trying to get a Holybro Kahute H743 up and running with Ardurover 4.4.

I was previously using a Cube orange with a Spektrum satellite receiver plugged directly into the DSM port. On the new setup I am using an AR620 receiver, I have it plugged into 5V, Gnd and R6 (I also tried T6). Per the documentation I setup mission planner with:

• Set [SERIAL6_PROTOCOL= 23
  • Set [SERIAL6_OPTIONS= 12
  • Set [RSSI_TYPE= 3
  • Set [BRD_ALT_CONFIG= 1

I can bind the receiver directly with the transmitter but I am getting nothing into mission planner. Any advise would be much appreciated!

@geo93 Which pins of the AR620 you connected to wich pin of cube uart6 exactly. So far I now the AR620 has no digital sumsignallike SPort Sbus etc . But maybe i am wrong.
Also you are aware that the SERIALx_OPTIONS are a Bitmask. So a Value 12 will set the bits 2 and 3
which mean “HalfDuplex operation using the TX pin is implemented” and “TX and RX pins are effectively swapped internally.”

Hey thanks for your response. I’ve got signal, 5V and Gnd on lane 2 hooked up on the AR620 (I believe from the manual that the first servo lane is the data lane, I also tried the battery column). On the autopilot I’ve wired the signal line going to both R6 and T6. The Gnd and 5V are on the appropriate terminals. I followed the guidance on the wiki in terms of parameters but not getting anywhere!

Looks like you have set up the connection for an SRXL2 receiver, as per this documentation.
According to the Manual of the AR620 I don’t think it’s a SRXL2 connection you have but rather a DSM connection.

Since you didn’t specify which Kakute H743 board you use, here are all the supported Kakute H743 boards:
Kakute H743 V1
Kakute H743 V2
Kakute H743 Mini v1.3
Kakute H743 Wing

Regardless of which you choose, each of these states:

SBUS/DSM/SRXL connects to the R6 pin

Without the need for any changes to SERIAL6_OPTIONS, RSSI_TYPE or BRD_ALT_CONFIG.

I am running the Wing variant. This morning I reset all params to default, wired signal to R6 and ensured the AR620 was bound. With that done I rebooted the H743 and am still not getting anything! Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I found something that maybe helps, even if it’s an old post and they used ArduCopter 4.1 back then.

Seems like you were quite close in the beginning and SRXL2 is indeed the way to go, despite not being mentioned anywhere in the manual… But I guess that was a known issue 2.5 years ago as well :man_shrugging:

The Spectrum manual is worthless and their website is worse.

1 Like

Amazing that works, I followed the exact guidance on that legacy post and it worked perfectly first time. I replicated but on serial 5.

Great to hear that :+1: