Sonix Board Recovery without WiFi?

Such a cool idea, that would be awesome! While station mode is necessary for multiple vehicles, being able to choose without downloading would be a great plus.

No button, no problem, we’ve got gravity! :slight_smile:

Sure looks like it. Right around mount time as Tridge is guessing.

Station mode is just awesome for multiple vehicles and full fledged GCS. Keep internet connection, plus with static DHCP leases on router just plug any of them on and here they are, no matter how many, and can be seen from anywhere. The Internet of flying things!

1 Like

That would work too. But the gravity method I think is the best.

I should also mention that you can bind multiple drones to the same TX. Just auto-bind them each individually (you’ll need to power off then on both TX and drone for each), then set BRD_RADIO_TELEM=0 on all but one drone. That last drone will provide the telemetry for LEDs and buzzer on the TX.
Then you can fly several drones with one TX. Useful to have the instant power off available when doing swarming with MissionPlanner

1 Like

Very nice and good to know, thanks will have to try that. The instant power off is one awesome feature of these things … And while I haven’t tried multiples yet, very likely an absolute must when flying several :wink:

Hi , great post, i have same problem i could not connectvto station. I,ll get some more sd xtreme brands and try again.

Btw the posibility to set fixed ip port via the wifi.txt or direcly in the config would be super great. Looking forward to seeing that.

Cheers

Hello , i tried with 4 types of sd cards 32gb sandisk xtreme pro 100mb/s and sandisk ultra 98mb/s … i could not connect to the wifi station. the steps i did :

1-Put new sd card in the skyviper go to web config and format there.
2-Get the sd put in the computer and copy the file WIFI.txt . (what is the root path string for the sd in the quad as to use the file upload option in the end of web config tab http://192.168.99.1/upgrade.html) ?

3-Inside the WIFI.txt I write without spaces or tabs:

STATION_SSID=myssid
STATION_PASS=mypassword

i tried different routers and mobile wifi.

Put the sd card in the quad and power it on.

and then enter http://192.168.99.1/ like i would do when connected with the skyviper wifi.

skyviper does not connect to the wifi station , anything wrong in the process or things i could try ?

is there any other way or plans to set as wifi station and fixed ip in the web config or via some custom firmware. ?

I changed my SSID in the WebApp and the same thing happened. The quad stopped creating the access point. Only after using the facreset.txt file on my SD card did it start working again. There seems to be a lot of “finickiness” (is that a word) to the WebApp and firmware. One wrong move and the whole thing stops working. All of the firmware code needs a “recovery” mode which it branches to anytime a startup function fails. Unfortunately this is difficult in C, as it doesn’t have an inherent try-catch-finally capability.

That being said, the support on this board seems to be great.

hi , yes really difficult to make the wifi station working no luck yet ,

what are the best sd card to use i have tested so many all make the skyviper folder and record video and photos but the wifi station does not work, i think it is not much that related to the sd card brand and speed but something else probably.

I got the SanDisk - Ultra PLUS 16GB SDHC UHS-I Memory Card from best buy. It worked to get it to factory reset. However, for some reason the log files are not being posted to the card. It IS posting pictures and videos, but no log.

But then I saw this post and think I need to go look at all my parameters and see if they are missing too!
https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/calibrating-skyviper-v2450/24402/4
this guy’s quad got totally messed up after a facreset.

Did you upgrade the firmware?
It’s been a while, but I do remember that station mode did not work on mine until I did.

Also can’t be certain, but pretty sure sd card had nothing to do with it. When it worked it worked for all, when it didn’t it didn’t work with any.

I didn’t find log files on the SD card either. After connecting the phone to my computer I searched and explorer found them in This PC\SAMSUNG-SM-G925V (phone model)\Phone\Android\data\com.newskyviper\files

Hey, the SV will not post logs while the SV is not armed. It doesn’t start logging until you fly, however there is a parameter you can set in APWeb that will make it log while disarmed.

"In order to enable logging while Disarmed, go to the web interface Flight Parameters page, select Logging, in the drop-down, and set LOG_DISARMED to 1:ENABLED."

My sonix board is bricked. I have read and tried to understand what needs to be done . But still have no idea . I just want to factory reset.

Hmm…how can you be sure? You said that it comes up and connects to the controller?.. I dunno…I’m babbling now.

I suggest one of the SV devs get involved. They have probably seen just about everything. That being said, @tridge is super busy working on the 2018 code base (and the other 500 PRs a day he works on). So getting a response may take a while.

If I remove the sonix board altogether, it still connects to the controller as the controller connect to the fc.

But nothing i have tried works o the sonix board. All files I’ve tried included the facreset.txt and the wifi.txt. None of it does anything.
So have to assume the sonix board is bricked. Which sucks as can not do anything without it.

I wanted to share the other post where this was solved here so that anyone looking at this thread will find the answer.

https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/lost-of-wifi-connection-to-sv-and-wont-arm/28117/12