Some Motors Dont Spin Until Higher Throttle

I changed that??! Ughh I must’ve not written params or something. I will double check, then give it another go later.

OK, I ensured that the PWM type was normal, and min/max was 1120/1920, when I ran the tests, one motor was basically spinning the whole time (thats why I moved it back down to 1100 AFTER I ran the tests, so thats why it shows up in the plot with 1100, you can see that towards the end that little step down in PWM)

It takes about 25% throttle to spin these motors up where the ONE motor looks like it is doing the right thing. Do I have 5 bad motors? lol
I saved my config off as well
hex_config.param (18.4 KB)

I am out of ideas.

1 Like

Remove the ESC’ and buy some Lumenier 36A BLHeli_32 32bit 2-6S w/ Telemetry, delete your config and reset the config to vanilla, Make sure you can arm the craft and go to esc calibration then select Dshot 600/ and power cycle and arm. do not change any settings. Note: When calibrated there is no need to change endpoints. then
run motor test using the defaults.

1 Like

I need 48V ESC so I will try to purchase the same brand and give that a go. I am going to blow away the config as well and start fresh while I wait for them to get delivered. I will update the thread if I have any success or if I just can all of these motors and find something different.

9" propeller 4S configuration.

22" propeller 12S configuration.

only this version sets the following
MOT_PWM_MAX,1920
MOT_PWM_MIN,1120
MOT_PWM_TYPE,0

previous two versions
MOT_PWM_MAX,2000
MOT_PWM_MIN,1000
MOT_PWM_TYPE,8

You may want to consider using these tools to find it out, 1G, 5B or 5G, 1B. fix the PWM signal and measure the RPM for each set (ESC + Motor + no propeller).

I forgot I had an extra motor/esc combo so I hooked it up and was able to get all motors to spin at the same rate (at least it looks like it), however it takes about 25% throttle for them to even spin up. I am thinking of just bumping the PWM up until its about 10% throttle for them to spin up… Is that frowned upon? They seem healthy right now except for the throttle percentage.

I will without a doubt be purchasing those items! Thank you!

Use the MP Motor test GUI to determine the spin minimum and spin arm.

Yes, I am currently using Mission Planner Motor test GUI only. I havent used the transmitter since the beginning of this post.