Smart audio switch and Logic setting

Can you please say something about the VTX setting via OSD? Is it possible at all with Ardupilot to make settings via OSD? There is the OSD based parameter menu, with which one could theoretically make settings for a VTX.

Currently, I can change the power of a TBS VTX via SmartAudio with your implementation. But to change the frequency I would have to change a parameter directly. This is a bit cumbersome in the field without GCS.

The alternative is to run SmartAudio via the RX instead of the FC and configure it via LUA script on the transmitter. That works, but the cabling has to be different and not every RX has the capability.

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m interested in how a VTX setting via Ardupilot OSD is possible. That would be more universal.

Edit: I just read this PR. Everything has already been discussed and is probably not possible.

What RX/TX do you have?

Normally I use the TBS Unify Pro32 HV for 5G8. For 1G3 the Matek Video Transmitter (Tramp Protocol). Rush Tank Solo for testing purposes I also have.

Also HDZero (VRX and Freestyle VTX). The VTX also has Smartaudio, no idea if that runs with Ardupilot.

For RC connection mainly Crossfire, but also Dragonlink and ELRS.

If you are using CRSF then you can set up the CRSF menu to adjust the ardupilot parameter for frequency (it shows the same as the OSD by default)

I know that I can change the settings on the transmitter. But who uses the menu for the Ardupilot settings when you can make the VTX settings directly in the Agent Lite?

Basically, it is about making the VTX settings in the OSD (as is possible with other systems). This might be possible with the OSD based parameter menu. That comes also from you. But how do you set OSD5/6 so that the VTX parameters appear there? Do you have an example?

I donā€™t understand your use case - if you change the frequency you wonā€™t be able to see anything in the OSD

I donā€™t find it unusual that after a frequency change of the transmitter you also have to change the receiver. Sometimes this even happens automatically, see backpack functionality in ELRS.

But I find it unusual that with Smartaudio functionality in Ardupilot you can only control the transmit power. In this respect I donā€™t understand the use case of the development.

But ok, letā€™s end the topic ā€¦