Smart Audio on ChibiOS

Hi there. I was hoping if someone can help me. I’ve been working with the latest plane release using ChibiOS on a Matek 405-Wing board. Everything thus far works flawlessly. Great job to everyone involved to make this happen. I know the user community is extremely grateful for all your efforts.
I was trying to see if there is support yet for TBS Smart Audio. I know iNav and BetaFlight have the ability to access your configuration via osd. Has this been implemented yet on ChibiOS? That would be the icing on the cake.

Thank you in advance and looking forward to hearing back.

Alex

No, no implementation and nothing on the radar to get it done as far as I know.

Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate the update. Hopefully it will be something to consider in the near future.

Cheers!

I’m willing to put some money towards this feature, I replied to another thread where Sergey had partially implemented this here: https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/is-there-a-way-to-get-smartaudio-working/29025/12

Maybe if a few people are willing to pay it will get some progress on this really nice to have feature.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I completely agree and more than willing to pitch in.

1 Like

I would also love to see this feature added, so many vtx units now are smart audio capable, it is great being able to change vtx power settings easily just before take off without having to get at a little button on your vtx, and then trying to see a tiny led in bright sunlight. I am just putting together a new build (SkyHunter) and was going to flash arduplane to a Omnibus F4 f/c, but the lack of smartaudio is pushing me towards iNav. A shame because this would have been my first Arduplane build.

I have just realised this thread is rather old, but having checked again i can find no info that points towards smartaudio being implemented. If this is wrong i would love to know! Thanks.

1 Like

Guys, I catched here: Is there a way to get SmartAudio working? , that smart audio is going to be (or already is) implemented in the arducopter. I checked plane documentation and can’t find smartaudio support described there :frowning:
What is current situation about SA support on planes? Maybe I missed something and it’s already there :wink:
I’m not able to compile code myself or write some scripts, so I’m namely interested in some user level implementation.
Thanks for the actual info!

SmartAudio support is now merged