Slow Heli Reaction in ALT HOLD mode

Hi Chris,

Thank you, I will do some tests, GPS is really suspicious in this case, I will try to remove and relocate the GPS module to see if the error will be triggered again. And yes I do neatly bundled my wires I will try to find out if this is the problem. Really appreciate your reply!

Yi

@ChrisOlson
Hi Chris, I watched your test video of the CUAV V5 controller and I purchased the same controller and want to have a test of it, but where can I download the suitable firmware for the V5FMU?

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Yi

You should be able to get it from here

http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/beta/CUAVv5-heli/

Thank you very much!

Hi Chris,

I kind of have a trouble of uploading the firmware into the controller, got an error window pop up, I assume itā€™s the mission plannerā€™ problem, right?

Yi

Chris,
So what is the difference between that build and the fmuv5 build? Is it a nuttx vs chibios? I had loaded the fmuv5 build and it appears that the CUAV pixhack v5 is working fine.
Regards,
Bill

@joolayoyo I think there has been some problem with that until MP gets updated or something. If you download the hex file and install it with QGroundControl it will work fine.

@bnsgeyer I donā€™t really know what all the differences are, as I typically load at the command line with waf. But from what I understand there is board specific builds with waf. The CUAV Pixhack V5 is FMUv5 but there was some changes in the production boards for one of the serial outputs I think and that change is reflected in the CUAVv5 build vs FMUv5 (I think) for the production boards.

The way @tridge explained it to me is that FMUv5 is a generic build for any FMUv5 controller. But he has been making board-specific builds as well. I have been using the CUAVv5 build for my dev controller but thereā€™s a couple pins reversed on UART4 on the dev boards.

Other changes have been made, as well. Like for the Pixhawk 2.1 used to be px4-v3, it is now CubeBlack (I think) and USB IDā€™s are changed on it. But I think a px4-v3 build will still work in it.

At any rate, the FMUv5 controllers are ONLY supported by ChibiOS. NuttX builds do not run on those at all (except for Pixhawk4 or CUAV V5 with PX4 stack loaded). You should be thoroughly confused by now :grinning:

@ChrisOlson,
thanks for the explanation. I may load the CUAV V5 version. Wasnā€™t able to finish setting up the 626 plus its been raining cats and dogs for the last 3 days :frowning:

@joolayoyo, I havenā€™t seen an issue loading custom versions of firmware on the Pixhack V5 using mission planner. Your error message does not look like anything Iā€™ve seen in the past either.
I downloaded the arducopter-heli.apj version of the firmware. then I use the load custom firmware option and select the file I downloaded. Hope this helps.
Bill

Chris,

Problem solved, thank you!

Yi

Bill,

Thank you, problem solved!

Yi