Servers by jDrones

Skid Steer Mower Overshooting pivot turns

(Kenny Trussell) #141

Doug: You can have more than one GPS. The way I understand it, Ardurover will use whichever has the best position info. So, if you have an RTK fix or float status, that will be used over a standard 3Dfix. But, I am only using the ublox rtk. I figure that to do a decent job, I have to have RTK fix, so I would never want to use a lower GPS reading anyway.

(Kenny Trussell) #142

Doug and Vince: Congratulations on getting your mowers working so well! Awesome videos! You guys have a real challenge to get your navigation good enough that a 30" or less deck can do the job. I have a 72" deck so I am able to overlap a good bit to “cover up” a lot of navigation woes. I think your navigation looks pretty good. If ya’ll are interested in automatically generating waypoints for an outside-in mowing pattern, I wrote a program that will do that.

(Doug Wright) #143

Kenny" I downloaded your program a while back but my system is missing a libwinpthread-1.dll
Do you know how to fix this?
The issue I am having is my trees are covering the yard in google earth so I cant see the way points well enough.

Have you ever used the "SET Waypoint "feature in aux channel to layout a WAYPOINT file by driving it first and marking it ?
I hope they get the AUX channels expanded so we can have more AUX channels for things like this.
Do you know a better way?
Doug

(Bitdog LLC) #144

Kenny, Love the program. I’d like to convert it to a webservice / page and host it. It would make it more accessable to others. It woild be easier for me if it was C#, but I don’t think it will be too hard.

(Kenny Trussell) #145

I have used the “SET Waypoint” feature to create waypoints around the perimeter and then used my MowPlan program to generate the additional waypoints. Did you download the 2 dlls that I include in the github project and put them in the directory with the executable? If you did and still get the message about libwinpthread-1.dll, I need to look into that. On a computer that I thought was fairly clean, the 2 dlls I include were all I had to do. Maybe the one you are missing was already on that computer.

(Kenny Trussell) #146

Vincent,
As long as you are helping others with it with no monetary gain, please help yourself! I know it could be improved as well. It throws a random point outside the polygon occasionally, but it is easy to just move it back in, so I have not tried to fix it. It is somewhat subject to how you draw the polygon as well. I always start at the bottom right and go counterclockwise. I have planned to record a YouTube video tutorial but haven’t gotten around to it.

I also thought about using a Mission Planner polygon file for the outline rather than waypoints, but I find that I can work better with waypoints than polygons inside Mission Planner.

I am a C-programmer, by the way, mostly embedded stuff. I’m not so good with C++, but the clipper library was C++. I try to do a good job of well organized and readable code, BUT, in the C++ world, I probably did not do a good job. I’m sure you can help out.

Please have at it!!!

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

(Benjamin Neilson) #147

@Kevin_Groba, @ktrussell,

Happy to say I’ve taken my shed ornament for a spin (finally) today! Now to sort out the tuning. Was nice to take it for a spin and take a break from getting the HectorSLAM / Cartographer stuff running for the RPLidarA2.

The map background is a custom image that shows tree locations in my orchard. Managed to only hit 2 while getting started tuning. Thanks for all of the tips you guys have developed over the year. Made a huge difference to getting it going roughly in a straight line :slight_smile:

Now, back to Cartographer!

Cheers,
Ben

(Kenny Trussell) #148

Ben,
That’s a nice looking machine. I like your actuator design. I have bought similar actuators but have not tried them yet. It took me a LOOOONG time to get my tuning acceptable and it still isn’t what I want, but the machine is very usable. Only hitting 2 trees is a good start! I look forward to seeing more!
Kenny

(Doug Wright) #149

Ben : That is nice work on the design. I want to get started with LIDAR in the future for collision avoidance. What are you using to implement LIDAR, ie controller?
Keep up the good work !
Doug

(Benjamin Neilson) #150

Continuing the discussion from Skid Steer Mower Overshooting pivot turns:

Cheers @ktrussell,

Yeah tuning is still a work in progress. I’ll take it next door to a neighbors big paddock. My place is all orchard.

Those actuators are off AliExpress from the GoMotorWorld shop, with potentiometer feedback. Seem to be working ok with the linear actuator controllers.

A bunch of little 5v relays are being controlled by electronic switches I bought. Those switch PWM output to on/off. Giving me solid control of ignition, start and pto.

I do like @Kevin_Groba ‘a Hitec actuators better. Think I’ll go that way in the future. A bit tidier.

Now for the SLAM system!

Ben

(Benjamin Neilson) #151

@dwright361
Cheers Doug,

Slowly coming along.

I’m essentially following the ArduPilot guide to setup RPLidarA2 with ROS, Cartographer slam, MavRos.

With any luck I’ll get the lidar data feeding back to the FCU via MavRos for proximity and collision avoidance.

A work in progress!

Good luck :+1:
Ben

(Kenny Trussell) #152

@BenBBB I have 2 of those exact actuators from GoMotorWorld. I have not installed them yet. Good to hear they are working OK. I believe there is plenty of room on my mower for them. It may be a while before I get to that.

(Benjamin Neilson) #153

Good luck when you get to them Kenny :+1: