Simulate arducopter with JSBSim

Hi,
yes I was using copter.param with the wrong FRAME_TYPE.

I have changed the FRAME_TYPE to 1 (because the aircraft is F450 quadcopter) but I still have the same problem.

Now, I would try to change the PID values.

Please could you share your pid settings if you already have them.

Thanks.

Hi,
I have the copter.param file with these param
The pid control isn’t perfect but it works.

FRAME_TYPE	1
FRAME_CLASS     1
ARMING_CHECK     0

#Yaw axis rate
ATC_RAT_YAW_P 0.1
ATC_RAT_YAW_I 0.01
ATC_RAT_YAW_D 0.0

#Roll axis rate
ATC_RAT_RLL_P 0.130700
ATC_RAT_RLL_I 0.130700

#Pitch axis rate
ATC_RAT_PIT_P 0.162900
ATC_RAT_PIT_I 0.162900

@rovere @emilien I know this is an old post, but hopefully you all are still working Ardu. I was able to implement the changes in this thread, basically modifying the vehicleinfo.py file and the SITL_cmdline.cpp file to create a new SITL interface (i.e. instead of “jsbsim:F450” it loads “holo:quad”. This in-turn loads the modified parameter file provided above, the F450 JSBSIM files, launches JSBSIM, and communicates with it through a modified interface class (i.e. SIM_holoJSBSim.cpp/.h). I have also modified the send_servos function as shown in this thread. So, everything works in QGC… shows up as a quad and will accept a flight plan. The problem is that once takeoff is issued, it starts to lift and becomes unstable very quickly. I used the PID values provided in your post, but it does not seem to help.

My question… where do I need to start relative to the parameters at least get the drone somewhat stable… before proceeding with doing any kind of fine tuning?

I am using the latest version of JSBSIM and the JSBSim included F450 model files.