Script Arming control servo

Hi all, I need some help,
Can someone write me a simple script to control a servo according to the motor arming status?
What I need is to set the servo number 10 to minimum, lets say 1100us when disarmed and to 1900us when armed.
I know it is a simple code that can be written in a few seconds but I have zero knowledge about coding Lua
Thank you in advance
Kind regards

A great opportunity to learn something new :wink: It is not hard to do.
Here is lua scripting documentation , you can debug lua scripts and there are many examples available.
You will need to use the latest firmware or press Ctrl-Q in MissionPlanner

I spent way too much time trying already and thats why I am asking for help on the comunity so, if it is that much easy for you why don’t you help me?
Programming is not for me.

Nuno, nĂ€o tenho tempo nem para me coĉar (nĂ€o tenho um teclado portugĂȘs)

Bom dia, muito sinceramente e nĂŁo querendo ser rude, nĂŁo entendi a sua intervenção ao estilo “eu sei mas nĂŁo digo, descobre por ti” ainda mais num grupo OpenSource como Ă© este onde o objectivo Ă© entre-ajuda

Enfim

Obrigado Ă  mesma.
P.S. eu também não tenho teclado portugues, não entendi.

É uma comunidate OpenSource onde as pessoas se ajudam mutuamente, sim.
Desculpa lĂĄ se te ofendi.

P.S. NĂŁo tenho teclado protuguĂȘs e como tal nĂŁo consigo escrever c de cedilha.

You can also just set SERVO10_FUNCTION to 29 (LandingGear)

@giantpt, we spoke briefly today in the comments of my YouTube video where you mentioned this post. I gave you the following example as a reply:

function update()

if not arming:is_armed() then
        SRV_Channels:set_output_pwm(94, 1100)
    end   

if arming:is_armed() then
        SRV_Channels:set_output_pwm(94, 1900)     
    end

return update, 100
end

return update()

You said it worked well for you, but I’ll offer this slightly more advanced version that uses pseudo-constant variables instead of “magic numbers” and doesn’t continuously reset the servo value:

local SERVO_FN     = 94
local DISARMED_PWM = 1100
local ARMED_PWM    = 1900
local FREQUENCY    = 100

function do_disarmed()
    if arming:is_armed() then
        SRV_Channels:set_output_pwm(SERVO_FN, ARMED_PWM)
        return do_armed, FREQUENCY
    end

return do_disarmed, FREQUENCY
end

function do_armed()
    if not arming:is_armed() then
        SRV_Channels:set_output_pwm(SERVO_FN, DISARMED_PWM)
        return do_disarmed, FREQUENCY
    end

return do_armed, FREQUENCY
end

return do_armed()

(I edited this post a few times with some slight updates to the example script that made it more efficient)

2 Likes

Hi Yuri,
Thank you once again for your time and patience with me on this issue in particular.
You had an exemplar attitude, thats exactly what I consider these forums are for

Can’t thank you enough
Take care & Stay safe

1 Like