Rover controled over internet

You can always configure the wifi adapter as a client to whatever network is available and deactivate/delete the AP settings. I use two wifi adapters on my rovers, so I do not have to change anything for indoors/outdoors operation and I can have the rovers connect to each other for follow mode.

that woud be perfect for me! how are you changing wifi AP/client, etc… settings? I used to do it with wpa_supplicant, but Stephen mentioned on his blog that it was not used in rpanion. I would set it up only with the client config, but if not possible I can plug in additional usb wifi adapter for client and keep the on board wifi for ap. How ever that would be useful to switch off AP after settings done to save battery.

There is a network setup page provided by the Rpanion webserver. There you can setup everything to your liking.

Hi, I’m building a copter that can stream over 4G LTE. The hardware I am using are navio2 and Pi 3B. And the ground station is the Mission planner. I am wondering about the combination of Rpanion-server and a flight program. However, emlid’s flight program is in image format. Can you give me advice? Thank you very much.

Every OS for the Raspberry Pi is in image format. After writing the image to a SDcard and booting the card in the RPi, you can install everything you like. I once tried to install Rpanion server on the Raspberry Pi running the Emlid image, but got stuck somewhere along the install. I can not remember what did not work out.
It might have been a missing dependency that could not be resolved.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. I tried the Zerotier server and the ssh got to my laptop. When I try to use the ip provided by the zerotier server to connect to the Mission planner, it does not work. What should I do next? Thank you for the suggestion.

There can be many possible reasons. It is not 100% clear what you did to get a connection. Did you enter the zerotier IP of your GCS, so ardupilot uses it as a telemetry output? Do you use any mavlink proxy on the RPi (like mavproxy, mavlink-router, rpanion, etc.)?

1 Like