Rover/Boat QuikTune alpha testers wanted!

@Maxim_Barabash,

Txs for the feedback.

If the vehicle moved in the wrong direction in Circle mode but in the correct direction in Manual mode then it could be that both RC inputs and servo outputs are reversed. The MP motor test should help should allow testing that the steering output (e.g. steering servo or left and right thrusters) moves in the correct direction.

1 Like

It’s possible I’m just rewording your response, but I think when forward/reverse behave properly but steering is backwards on a skid steered vehicle, the left/right motor outputs are connected backwards, and the RC steering channel is reversed.

Easy fix - swap 73 and 74 in the servo outputs and reverse the “aileron” RC channel.

3 Likes

If I have adjusted the parameters in the F7 control system, can I replace the controller with F4 with the same set of hardware and use the same set of PID values to achieve the same effect?

1 Like

Hi @admired,

Yes, the tuning parameters really depend upon the frame (including motor thrust, steering servo throw, etc) and not the flight controller so it should be possible to use the tuned parameters captured using an F7 autopilot on an F4 autopilot.

2 Likes

Thank you, so that I can generate a reasonable set of parameters using automatic parameter tuning and switch to a controller with lower hardware. In many cases, the device I use may not necessarily have very high-end performance.

1 Like

i tried this one again asking increase throttle speed

Hi @srinivas,

You should be able to change the vehicle’s speed in Circle mode using MP.

If you’re using MAVProxy then the “setspeed 2” command will work.

If you’re using QGC… well, unfortunately it doesn’t have a feature for this which is quite unfortunate.

Finally you could change the CIRC_SPEED parameter but you’ll then need to switch to another mode and then back into Circle mode again.

Hope that helps.

it is not moving in circle diameter with given radius its moving randomly and also it is taken more time to complete the tuning process and it is asking increase throttle speed %and speed % like that asking more times

Again, I refer you to the basic configuration procedure:

First Drive with Rover — Rover documentation (ardupilot.org)

Your vehicle appears to be poorly configured and not ready to drive, yet you insist upon jumping straight to using a beta feature for tuning. This is the LAST step in the process. Not the first!

I use qiotekzeloth743 and 4.4.0 beat6 ,today i test the quiktune ,However, I did not achieve my ideal adjustment and was stuck in the prompt RTun: increase turn rate (4 deg/s<9) during the adjustment process. I adjusted between 2 and 8 for a long time without a certain value, so I had to cancel the automatic debugging. This is my log, please help me.

@rmackay9 please help me , thank you !

Reduce the circle diameter.

It’s the middle of the night where many of the developers live. Posting multiple times in quick succession pleading for help will not likely garner the response you desire.

1 Like

thank you very much!

I ran my Dagu Wild Thumper (Cube Orange / HERE3 GPS) rover though the Autotune today, using 4.4.0-beta6.

Here are the post-tune results of a 20x25m box running at 1.5m/s:

There’s still a bit of weave of up to 1.5m either side, but it’s very consistent.

Looking at the graphs, it appears to be a navigation controller issue. The speed and steering controllers are quite nice (tested in acro mode).

Another find too for @Yuri_Rage - the WP_RADIUS value of 2m was definitely being used correctly.

1 Like

good job !so fast so good !

1 Like

thank you ,today i chaged it to R5 ,autotune worked!

1 Like

where I set the speed of throttle in automode,actually what I faced the problem is I used QuickTime method for tuning I got cruise speed is 0.9m/s and cruise throttle is 59% but my boat speed not sufficient for in automode running it is taking max 1575 pulse ,where I change increase the pulse of that, for speed change of my boat in auto mode. Shall I tune again or just only increase the speed in parameters only or I want to run speed in 1650 pwm pulse

Hi @srinivas,

I don’t quite understand. Are you saying that the boat is not travelling at the WP_SPEED? Maybe you could post an onboard log.

i dont check that what values we are getting in quick tune process that values only we run in automode,manual control i change servo output upto max 1900 pulse but in automode we are getting speed is only 1575(1 m/s) .my doubt is suppose i chnage speed of cruise and cruise throttle it is working or not without tuning again

this is quicktune parameters values
final_autopilot_lifebuoy_jet_parametrs.param (16.1 KB)