Rangefiner on fast speed low Altitude quadcopter

hello,My problem has not been solved, set SURFTRAK_MODE 0, because I do not want to gain altitude indoors, but I use pitch/roll, the copter will land slowly on the ground, can you give me some useful advice

Set EK3_SRC1_VELXY = GPS,EK3_SRC2_VELXY = OPTICALFLOW,EK3_SRC1_POSZ = BARO,EK3_SRC2_POSZ = BARO, indoors, I use RC8 = EKF POS Source LOW, I use pitch/roll, copter to maintain a steady height while I switch EKF POS Source middle, use pitch/roll, copter height slowly down to the ground, I wonder why different PV_AidingMode will affect the height? Height source is the barometer, is it the EKF fusion or the rangefinder

Hi @angleman,

Have you posted an onboard log somewhere? Maybe it would be best to create a new topic?

I see reports above from edfeeoc and Rajesh Reddy but at first glance your report seems to be unrelated.

Using an optical flow EKF source with SURFTRAK-MODE set to 0, the swinging attitude joystick Copter will drop to the ground I see his problems as similar to mine

All in althold mode test and use optical flow in poshold mode also like this

Thanks @rmackay9 @rishabsingh3003 for looking into the problem.

Yes, this is custom firmware The sensor I am using is UAVH30 radar.

Can you post logs of all your tests?

Its tougher to help with a custom firmware. Do you have the code published somewhere?

1 (1).bin - Google Drive You can read this log. Maybe you want more?

@rishabsingh3003 Our company brought the custom firmware for certification purposes. I have requested them to share the code with us.

Uploading: 8.bin… This is the log I tested again today, when I switched SRC1/SRC2, I could see that the drone was descending rapidly according to the rangefinder I installed and could not maintain altitude in althold mode

Hello, I would like to know if this phenomenon is caused by my parameter Settings? I focused on the latest list of questions and didn’t mention mine. Maybe I was too quick

Hi @Rajesh_Reddy,

Maybe you could re-test with the standard firmware? I think that would be best, I don’t think the AP core devs can really take responsibility for non-standard firmware.

@rmackay9 Thanks for the input. From people whom we brought the firmware said they are looking into the problem.

1 Like