Radio failsafe with CRSF (continuation of discussion from 4.1)

The + symbol opens a line for a second ID. I tried putting the extended ID there, also ARDU… separately, but no change in available downloads. I also tried deleting all IDs and then entering the extended one there. No change. Also tried logging out and back in again.

EDIT: Got it working now. Testing tomorrow, weather permitting, on 2 copters and 2-3 planes.

EDIT2: For weather reasons, only about 15 mins of flying one copter could be achieved today - no problems with the new version and a Nano Diversity RX. More testing tomorrow I hope.

1 Like

After several flights without problems on different craft, I had another suspicious 5sec FS (older NanoRX), thankfully it was on the ground. This log contains it at 19:26:38: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

(It’s long log of failed launch attempts of a small heavy plane into no wind at all, not enough airspeed. I don’t think there was anything wrong with the plane.)

Which CRSF version? There is no LQ/RSSI in your logs.

I think the version was called 6.34 alpha, I don’t know if it’s identical to what used to be called 6.35 alpha. I haven’t checked for newer versions yet.

There should be RSSI via the oldschool method: RSSI_CHANNEL,12 and RSSI_TYPE,2

However, if I remember correctly it has been a longstanding problem that this number only drops when RSSI/LQ drops from 100 slowly. In case of FS (drop straight to zero), it remains at 100. I think I read about it in the wiki years ago.

I’m aware there’s now the newer RSSI_TYPE,3 (ReceiverProtocol) and I tried that but it gave me wildly fluctuating numbers that made me really nervous… So I’m sticking to the old method with which I can still observe RSSI declining gradually in flight.

Hi @Vince_Hogg

any update ? what was the result of your tests?

I’ve now had many hours flying on 6.35 without any issues.
I understand there is a beta version 6.36. I haven’t tried this but some testers report problems.
I’m not sure if 6.35 is officially released yet but it certainly should be.
It would have been nice to see TBS attempting to warn customers about the loss of bind issues.

1 Like

There is a smart audio problem in 6.36 - just waiting for the fix …

At least one of my VTXs is not really on Max Power when set to that (direct SA connection from RX), is that the bug maybe?

No this is a RX crash resulting in loss of bind when smart audio is enabled

I was away for a while, has there been an update fixing the SA issue?

Hoping it will be the last time I have to gather all my craft for an update session this year…

EDIT: Looks like this time there isn’t even a new alpha yet.

As I didn’t find any mention of this new bug anywhere else - if it only occurs with SA from RX to VTX (which is what I still use), disabling SA on all RX pins (and setting the VTX by buttons) safely works around it, correct?

6.40 has been added to the ARDU ID which should contain the SA fix - please try it and report back.