Quad Flyaway - need analysis

sure i not debating this but we are talking about flight modes.

Yes it will flyaway after switching. have you not seen this? I assumed it was a common issue. I make a video simple to do.

I not trying to be disruptive but I had my first flyaway ever with Ardupilot in Stabilize mode so my questions are more related to a crash and locating any odd behavior this month. In my case it could of been as simple as a corrupt setup. If we are testing i think it’s important to take notice.

I have never seen that and if it did happen I’d wager the RC signal went away and you did not have the Radio Failsafe enabled and configured.

Stranger than that the RC reversed. i had to reverse my thinking to get it home. unless like you said it ran a failsafe but could not find home.

Many have posted about a similar situation and it was in Simple or Super Simple Mode. Log would likely tell everything you needed to know about the cause.

Never have felt the need to use that.
I talked to my guy and he said that it was MP saw more than one external GPS when in fact only one was used. I was doing some high speed 360 just before selecting Stabilize after that i lost stick function. Like the OP i had a rest on the ground, the other issue is i had my gopro 9 very close to the controller but my guy thinks it’s not an issue.

1. Mission planner did not understand the calibration process and assigned two external when there was just one.
  2. Gopro 9 was to close to FC
  3. aggressive flight during testing.
  4. GPS in funky place.
  5. frame just to weird.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wffv494hvuw8vh4/CameraLiftR001.mp4?dl=0