Problem with Manual takeoff and land when proximity Enabled

hi @rmackay9 @rishabsingh3003

when enabled PRX sensor for forward obstacles and trying to takeoff the drone in Loiter mode the drone coming backwards,similarly this is also in landing phase by detecting the obstacles.
i have these parameter:
Screenshot (795)

AVOID_ALT_MIN = 2 to enable obstacles sensor function to be work more than 2m and downfacing Radar also kept for that and its working fine.
AVOID_ALT_MIN function is invalid if Rc3 (throttle stick is interrupted) definitely in manual mode like loiter .
its only for Auto mode not for manual mode?
because in manual takeoff and landing we have to interrupt the Rc3 .
how to avoid this proximity function which is big trouble for manual takeoff and landing.

and what is the difference between AVOID_ALT_MIN and PRX_IGN_GROUND
PRX_IGN_GROUND is basically 1 meter to work obstacles in the same way AVOID_ALT_MIN is user defined height.

Like simple avoidance in automode also can we have stop/ Brake function instead of rerouting .

“AVOID_ALT_MIN function is invalid if Rc3…”. That sounds bad and should not happen. Can you send a log across to prove this? AVOID_ALT_MIN has no relation to throttle. As long as you have a functioning downward-facing rangefinder, it will work.

PRX_IGN_GROUND tries to detect if the sensor is reading values that are actually just the ground below. So, for example, this might occur when your copter is pitching 45 degrees when its very close to the ground. So if your copter has a functioning downward-facing rangefinder, it tries to match the HAGL with the obstacle that is being read by the sensor. If they somewhat match, the “obstacle is filtered out”. This is different from AVOID_ALT_MIN, where avoidance is simply deactivated below a certain threshold.

Lastly, I have had a PR to get simple avoidance to auto mode. It hasn’t worked too well in the past. I do have a lua script that switched to mode brake when an obstacle is nearby, if you are interested, I could publish that.

i will post the relevant log tomorrow .i think there is relation Because in this parameter AVOID_ALT_MIN for Obstacles avoidance function to be work beyond this altitude and this alt source is RANGEFINDER .
when flying in loiter with downfacing range finder enabled without interrupt only simple terrain works otherwise if RC3 keep interrupting then the downfacing rangefinder function not works.

if you can share it i will have a try.

I too am experiencing this behavior, however I “solved” by simply excluding the rangefinder with the auxiliary functions in the landing and take-off phases in loiter. Unfortunately I can’t solve the vertical bendy ruler instead (added by Randy in the list of problems to check and solve in the next release)

i also had switches for enable and disable of both rangefinder and obstacles . but i think its not end solution.

hi @rishabsingh3003 here is the log file E10 RDS01C obstacle sensor.bin - Google Drive

@kalai1219 there is certainly a time period where rangefinder reports < 2 meters and obstacle avoidance is still active despite you setting
I can’t reproduce this in SITL.
Would it be possible for you to run a branch with extra logging for me? Might be able to figure out the issue from that log. If this is possible, I will provide you with a slightly modified firmware

1 Like

Please send it i will try to reproduce the issue. And also one more request from you that i have faced another problem with obstacles prearm error…if you can kindly help us on that also.

Here the link for that.

Hi @rishabsingh3003 did you found any solution for this issue?