Problem starting with SITL

I’m following steps from here http://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/setting-up-sitl-on-linux.html
sim_vehicle.py -w works ok, then try
sim_vehicle.py -j4 --map --console
and works ok, but I get no map. It seem that start downloading but it doesn’t.

Then I go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvAzjPYTl6Y and try
sim_vehicle.py -V APMROVER2 -f rover-skid --console --map -w

this time I get

Connect tcp:127.0.0.1:5760 source_system=255
[Errno 111] Connection refused sleeping
[Errno 111] Connection refused sleeping
Failed to connect to tcp:127.0.0.1:5760 : [Errno 111] Connection refused
SIM_VEHICLE: MAVProxy exited
SIM_VEHICLE: Killing tasks

Thank

hello,
the good syntax is sim_vehicle.py -v APMrover2 -f rover-skid --console --map -w

for the map problem see here for two solutions : SITL on Linux Map "Unavailable"

Thank!!! it is working now, both SITL and the other post on real vehicle.

Best wishes, Leo

1 Like

nice ! don’t forget to share a video! everybody love to see new application !

(ps : isn’t your project a research project in France ?)

1 Like

Monday is the big day, I will test a lot of stuff on the stern (stern is like a small river, right?)
It’s a research project (for my PhD studies) but in Argentina.

Thank!
PS: could you confirm questions on this post: Rover in GUIDE mode

I got the same error after running ./libraries/SITL/examples/Webots/droneX.sh . I searched for around the whole day, but could not find anything useful on the internet.
But, I resolved the error myself, so sharing here, for those in search.

You might have noticed that the port specified in the controller code and its argument is 5990 but the port in this error is 5760. YES, THIS IS THE PROBLEM.

All you have to do is change the line number 358 ( probably) to port = 5760; // default port and also change the controller args value to -p 5760. THATS ALL!

Hi not sure this problem is still active. Trying to make call to Ardupilot via Mavlink on a Raspberry Pi using Python. I have it working with a remote PC but trying the same code on the Raspberry Pi that has the Navid2 Ardupilot on does not work. The following code waits for the_connection.wait_heartbeat().
This seems to connect. the_connection = mavutil.mavlink_connection(‘udp:127.0.0.1:14550’)
It dows not pass heartbeat.
Any ideas what else I need to do to get MavLink to run on the same Raspberry Pi that the Navid2 with ArduPilot is running? Thanks

If you flashed the bluerobotics img of debian, you should try on udp:0.0.0.0:14550