Problem starting Pixhawk

If ever I get a problem the lead is the first thing I swap.Sometimes the Pixhawks can just be choosey and it takes three or four leads before it feels comfortable.Maybe just dirt on the contacts but I always have a handfull of USB leads handy.That this is common to two FCs on the same USB lead,firmware,PC,and Mission Planner release makes me scratch my chin and go hmmmmmmmm.

First I’d swap out leads.Then I’d try rolling back firmware to ,say,3.4. and see if that loads.I can’t see two Pixhawks having an identical fault although I could probably break a couple on a bad head day. :wink:

I do it all of the time.

I’ve I’ve burnt out two Pixhawks maybe this tread can save someone else from doing the same. Lets just get it settled - can you connect two power sources or not?

Yes you can. I do it all of the time.

FWIW, +5 volts from a USB port is more than enough to power a Pixhawk, GPS, receiver, and a telemetry radio…

Flash the custom firmware.

Download it from the ardupilot website and install with Mission planner.

Ok. I never solved the problem with my two 3DR Pixhawk controllers. Both have the same problem. Both happened in the same week and I simply can’t fix them. But I’m back in business with an mRo Pixhawk. So lets hope this one doesn’t give up the ghost!

That’s exactly what mine has started doing, I,ve only had mine just over two months, never flown it yet. Finally got my Tarot 680 ready for its first test flight, plugged in the Lipo…and nothing happens except this tone pattern. I have no idea how to solve this, or what’s caused it, I think its telling you to upgrade the firmware, but that does not work either because mission planner tells me I have the latest firmware already. Did you get yours resolved. Further to this issue, I have downloaded Qgroundcontrol, and amazingly, that lets me boot the pixhawk, load new firmware etc, but as soon as its plugged back into Mission Planner and I update it to the latest firmware, it stops working again.

No, never solved the problem. Just got to bad Pixhawks on the bench!