PreArm: Check mag field 1373, max975 min 185

I am facing a weird issue here3+ magnetometer. When I bring an unconnected battery it is showing PreArm mag field. Pls take a look at the video firmware copter 4.3.7. But if I use the internal compass from cube orange+ I am not facing the issue

It looks like a Li Ion pack. They have much more magnetic interference than a LiPo, especially when operating.
You would need to calibrate the compass with the battery pack connected, and since it is so close to the Here3 you would probably need to do a flight with yaw and circles to analyse it with Magfit.

The trouble with a Li Ion pack and multirotors is that interference and proximity to the compasses - and if you detach the battery for charging and dont put it back in EXACTLY the same position the compass calibration is affected. You really need some structure so the battery can never be out of position.
And probably extend the Here3 up higher.

1 Like

Yes, but it is weird when I bring the batter pack very near without connecting it or closing the circuit. Interesting but very critical. As you said I moved the GPS little back

Shawn, can you explain or Sahre more insight of the yaw flight that you have explained above about mag fit?

Probably start here for Magfit. There’s an example and link to the documentation.
To make use of it do an ordinary flight with plenty of yaw and circles, plus some ascent and descent.
If you need I can run it for you and check other things too, but best to research and learn your self.