Pozyx with ArduPilot for non-GPS navigation

what do you mean with autopilot?

Hello

What @rmackay9 means is:
You have 3 serial ports available on this Flight Controller , if you used them all, you need a bigger one.

Hello, i have a problem with the connection. The pozyx tag (shield) with four pozyx anchors are working almost perfect. i use for setup and calibratio the Pozyx creator contrller Software. Everything is working. I am not using telemetry anymore. Instead of telemetry i am using an ESP32 Microcontroller and connectetd it to the TELEM2 of my Pixhawk 4 MINI. This is also working very well. The conection is with dronebride and Wireless Lan. Now i want to share my problem with you: When i start QGroundControl then nothing is happening. QGC cant find a positioning and i dont know why? whe i start QGC then the Pozyx Software sais thet the Tag is disconected. What can i do to make it working (finding my position in QGC)? Thank you very much.

With Telemetry its the same problem. But i could make it working. The Problem isyou need to connect first the arduino UNO with USB to give it Power. Then you need to conect the Pixhawk 4 mini with USB to the PC and after it Start QGC. Then its working. BUt the next step is to put the battery on, disconnect the USB of pixhawk, then press "disconnect button of QGC and in the end connect with WirelessLan or Telemetry. But why? Why am i not able only connect Battery, connect with Wireles Lan and make it work?

It only works when i first power the arduono uno (with separte cable) and then put the battery on. But why?

@beka_beka, I can’t really answer your question but perhaps it is a power issue. Perhaps there is not enough power for some of the device attached?

i dont think so, because after i can see the position in qgc i disconnect the USB cable of the arduino Uno and only the battery is attached. It still works then.

Good day,
I have a problem with my QAV250 drone with Pixhawk4Mini and ArduPilot v4.1.x (latest version). I use QGroundControl and Pozyx Creator Controller software. As described in this link, I have completed all configurations (Pozyx for Non-GPS Navigation — Copter documentation ). Additionally I have activated EKF3 and deactivated EKF2. As source I have always selected “Beacon” at EK3! The anchors I have configured in the Pozyx software as 3D with different heights.

My problem now is that the drone is armed but does not fly up and executes the mission! Instead it beeps. I do not know what else I can do? Does anyone have any ideas?

I have created and transferred the path and tried to start using AUTO or LOITER.

ERRORS:
Warning: Mode change to AUTO(LOITER) failed: requiers position.
Critical:PreArm. Bad GPS position

But i turned GPS off or not??? I dont want to use GPS.

Hi, I am attempting a school project based on this tutorial. The outcome of the project is to try and display the Pozyx measurement outputs as pictured in the screenshot in the mission planner application…how can I do this ? … ( I am new to Ardupilot Pozyx and mission planner ). Thanks

Hello,

I am having some problems regarding the UWB positioning. At startup the position calculated by the EKF3 gains a random offset, I describe this problem in depth in the following post:

https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/ekf3-large-position-offset-after-startup-using-uwb-beacons/85037/5

I would appreciate it if someone could take a look at it.

I am trying to use Pozyx for indoor non-gps navigation. I followed all the passages listed on the docs wiki (Pozyx for Non-GPS Navigation — Copter documentation). However, i have some problems. first of all, while using the telemetry module, the copter doesn’t appear on the map, while using the usb connection it does, any suggestion on how to fix this?. Then, trying the ground test, it doesn’t move on the map, even if i walk 5 meters away frome the home position given by BCN_ALTITUDE, LATITUDE, LONGITUDE. And, in fact, when i try to move from stabilize to auto, it returns the error “position required”. What can i do?

And how can i start an AUTO mission with Mission Planner with Pozyx devices?

You need to read the documentation again, and this time do set the home location.

@amilcarlucas, just to be sure, the loiter attempt, from Mission Planner in this case, how must be lunched? Have I to set it in ‘setup->flight modes’? Or can i just plan a mission by waypoints? Is this something relevant for making the drone flying indoor?

Moreover, i tried setting the Home origin but says “the command failed to execute” and also the EKF origin where i am, but it returns “EKF3 refuses set origin”.

You need to fix that. Without origin, nothing will work.

Ok, i solved this. I modified EK3_SRC1_POSXY from 3 (GPS) to 4 (beacon). Now i can fix the origin of the EKF on the map. However, it works only if i am using USB connection, if i try the telemetry, it doesn’t work. Could it be beacuase of the baude rate?

Another doubt about this. I am looking at the arduino code provided to make evrything work. Why after one minute, when we pass in stage_1, the code always do the get_ranges() function, but just every 2 secs the get_position() function? Is there any reason? This explains why looking at the PosX,PosY logs i have values that are null sometimes

I’ve noticed this too. Furthermore, since I am not using a Pozyx system I had to adapt the arduino code to make my Decawave hardware appear to be a Pozyx system to Ardupilot. Doing this I remove the two stages you are talking about, because I could not understand what its function was. So my system is always refreshing positions only at 0.5Hz. You can see this in the logs I posted here:

https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/ekf3-large-position-offset-after-startup-using-uwb-beacons/85037/11

If someone could explain in more depth how this code works, I would appreciate it.

I was looking at the code before. If I did not get it wrong, the 0.5Hz (having removed the two stages part from the code) is due to the counter variable, which goes from 0 to 20 and then reset to zero in the loop function. In my case it appears after the board is acrivated from 1 minute. But if you removed the stage 0 part, you will just have 0.5Hz. I did not try to remove it yet. If you want to try and test it let me know how it goes.

A few more points:

1. i suggest you to use the manual configuration of the anchors, the automatic one is not as good. This is my personal opinion.

2. i noticed that the measures (x,y) oscillates a lot even if the drone is not moving and on the ground. I want to try to to improve this ignoring slight variations. Since i noticed this behaviour also on PosX and PosY values from logs i believe the KF doesn’t improve the estimate. Do you suggest to modify directly the measure from arduino? Or let the work to EK maybe modifying something?
    P.S. this last behaviour doesn’t seem to affect the the stability during loiter mode, but i haven’t tested it enough yet; thoughts?