Plane 4.0 release

hi

I found the wiring between X8R & pixracer.

I had 2 flights today (X8R - arduplane 4.0.4 - passthrough telemetry)

The issue (" no Rc receiver " came only 3 times (compared to 12 times in similar conditions)

Debug with flash data log seems difficult (sampling time of log too slow for such event but not sure as I am learning about log analyis)

Adolfo

haha ok than most likely a receiver issue as you pointed out!

I flew today (good flight with a lot of thermals)

I had around 15 times “no RC receiver” message

Config was : X8D - pixracer R15 - yaapu script

I will try with a separate BEC for RC receiver

Adolfo

PS : I really like the yaapu script !

I have the same problem with R9M and R9 slim + rx. Random “No RC receiver” on yaapu widget (Jumper T16) but rc link is strong (no failsafe).
Matek F405 wing.
I do not think It’s a power or rx problem, because my other F405 wing + X4r have the same issues.

I’ve just released plane 4.0.5beta1. This release includes a one important bug fix and some minor enhancements. The changes are:

• fixed bug handling change of RC input source while MAVLink signing is active. This could cause a stack overflow and a crash
  • added display of RC output types to aid in debugging DShot outputs
  • modified clocking on H7 boards to produce more accurate clocks for DShot
  • switched to new USB VIDs for dual-CDC boards
  • fixed a bug in handling LOITER_TURNS for quadplanes when Q_GUIDED_MODE is enabled
  • added a TECS reset at the end of a VTOL takeoff to handle aircraft with TECS climb rates below VTOL climb rates

Logs from testing would be much appreciated!

Happy flying!

2 Likes

Wonderful news Andrew.

Can you say what the bug was in the loiter turn when in guided mode?

how can i add values to SERIAL1_PROTOCOL in full parameter list in mission planner ?

Quoting Tridge here: “if NAV_LOITER_TURNS is used with Q_GUIDED_MODE=1 then we would orbit
forever. This ensures we do exit the loiter”.

1 Like

Will / can support for the BME280 be added to GND_PROBE_EXT? I have several BME280s on hand but they don’t seem to work as a substitute for BMP280.

Cube Black and i get the same results on a pixhawk in mission planer and in the OSD my rxrssi is always stays on 100 but if i turn off the TX it does go to 0 in mission planer
i am using analogue pin 103 Sbus out pin
frsky x8r show volts 3.1 rssi on the tx is rssi 98 to 2.1 volts tx is rssi 42

under 4.0.4 does not work

but if i roll it back to 3.9.8 it works in mission planer and the OSD
all 4 plane running cubes
Well its not my setup on all my planes on 4.0.5 don’t work anymore

here are the logs

F405Wing/ASW28 - Flight without any problem: Anmelden – MagentaCLOUD

1 Like

@ tridge

I am running a Cube Black. I have to have the battery plugged in to do any firmware updates. I just updated from Plane 3.9.7 to 4.0.4. After update was finished and the tones played, the motors spun up to THR_MIN. I was in manual mode and THR_PASS_STAB=1. The plane was not armed. The only way I could keep the motors from spinning was to change from Throttle to Throttle Left and Throttle Right. After disconnecting the battery and removing what was left of the props, I plugged the battery back in to find that when the motors were set to Throttle and the plane was disarmed, the signal out was always at THR_MIN. Arm the plane and they would go to 1000. Disarm the plane again and they would spin up. They wouldn’t spin up on boot because channel never went to low throttle to allow the ESC to work.

Does Throttle Right and Throttle Left act in the same manner as throttle in Auto modes?

I’ve just released plane stable 4.0.5. This release includes a one important bug fix and some minor enhancements. The changes are:

• fixed bug handling change of RC input source while MAVLink signing is active. This could cause a stack overflow and a crash
  • added display of RC output types to aid in debugging DShot outputs
  • modified clocking on H7 boards to produce more accurate clocks for DShot
  • switched to new USB VIDs for dual-CDC boards
  • fixed a bug in handling LOITER_TURNS for quadplanes when
    Q_GUIDED_MODE is enabled
  • added a TECS reset at the end of a VTOL takeoff to handle aircraft with TECS climb rates below VTOL climb rates

Many thanks to everyone who tested the beta!

Happy flying!

3 Likes

Hello, where did you connect the airspeed (analog)? On a matek F765-WING

Check the Matek F765-Wing connection diagram and you’ll find out… There is a soldering pad for that purpose.

The port labelled AirS.
ARSPD_PIN,10
ARSPD_TUBE_ORDER,0
ARSPD_TYPE,2

Thank you, that’s how it works now.

maybe someone can now tell me where I can shoot a second battery voltage?

I need a second battery indicator in the osd

For example (current sensor is Allegro ACS758LCB-100B with voltage divider to 3,3 V):
BATT2_AMP_OFFSET,1.6668
BATT2_AMP_PERVLT,75.65
BATT2_ARM_MAH,0
BATT2_ARM_VOLT,0
BATT2_CAPACITY,5000
BATT2_CRT_MAH,0
BATT2_CRT_VOLT,0
BATT2_CURR_PIN,15
BATT2_FS_CRT_ACT,0
BATT2_FS_LOW_ACT,0
BATT2_FS_VOLTSRC,0
BATT2_LOW_MAH,0
BATT2_LOW_TIMER,10
BATT2_LOW_VOLT,0
BATT2_MONITOR,4
BATT2_SERIAL_NUM,-1
BATT2_VOLT_MULT,12.08911
BATT2_VOLT_PIN,4
Watch my video only in Russian language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6vDcpMvtCs