Pixhawk totaled hexacopter heavy crash request for help

Hey Bernardo, I still think you lost a motor, just before the copter went to RTL mode. pith/roll vs desired pitch/roll track well as they should. Then they start diverging and just after that the current goes off scale. That was the 4 remaining motors trying to maintain altitude. The one opposite from the failed one will be off or very low.
I don’t know about you frame or the result of the crash, but was the missing motor’s entire arm missing or was was the broken arm end still on the frame? Did the arm come off? Just asking. It could be stuck in the tree? A bullet connector can work loose and when the parts are tested after the crash they still work. Wouldn’t hurt to look near the area were the trouble started for the missing motor.

Hi Greg,
first, it is not led, it is LEG (typo!) :slight_smile: I marked the crash site with branches in the ground, so I know where I found parts. The wind freed the leg with the video TX one of the last days.:no_mouth:
The motor’s were hanging on multiple broken arms.
The motor # 5 is the one still missing, ripped away from the frame during the bounce in the trees.
Motor #6: Here the carbon tube hit a tree and cut the positive (red) wire to the ESC. I think this is the motor you see that is missing just before my attempt to recover out of the trees switching to RTL.
What motor number did you see that “failed” ) or disconnected) first ? Must be one of that two ( #5 or #6).
Thank you for your interesting observations, I’m admired how you read all this info from the log file :smiley:

Edit: Sorry didn’t see you’d already explained the exact thing I posted. Glad you figured it out.
I had several occasions where things got changed I knew for sure I didn’t change them, until I figured that out.

FWIW Bernardo, I never use the “Full Parameter List” in MIssion Planner, I always use the tree if I can - because of your very reason. Seems if you mouse wheel over a parameter, or hit a key wrong you WILL change a value.

Ya,
that happened to me and while trying to adjust the yaw over shoot and to get more jerk for quicker stops I did’nt notice what the scrolling wheel changed in my settings what lead to the bad crash. :frowning
Now waiting for a new frame… and hopefully a smooth running version 3.5.3

I’m fairly new to the pixhawk, and I had bad crash recently. Looking at the log file, I also had a “Flight mode change failed” error after an EKF failsafe. Seeing your reply above, does the EKF failsafe always prevent switching modes back? The quad crashed was because it took off and accelerated in the wrong direction after the failsafe got triggered, during which I was unable to regain manual control. Thanks!

I have successfully switched to stabilize to save an out of control copter due to haywire EKF. I have gotten mode errors when I tried switching to a new mode when another mode is initializing. So switching too slow through modes so that an unintended mode initializes before reaching desired mode.