Pixhawk Throttle kill or remote instant disarm switch

Actually, the concept is already implemented. It’s just done in the helicopter code, not for multirotors. We use Ch8 to switch the motors on and off. It is absolute. It would kill the motor in auto mode.

[quote]Actually, now I know why this sounded so familiar to me . I opened a feature request 7 month ago…
github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/issues/562[/quote]

Interesting, as my original thought behind my initial request on this thread here was to have a parachute launch in the situ where the kill switch is thrown and craft is not in a landed state. I was going to look into that on my own regardless, but good to know my thought process was not too far removed from others.

How soon might the port of this functionality from Heli to multirotors be available?

thanks again
Matt

I programmed myself a switch on my Turnigy TX.
I mounted a small protection tube around the switch and mounted a red keytop on the switch.
I programmed the switch on the TX as follows.
-put mode to Stabilize
-return Throttle to lowest
-‘push’ Yaw to left during 2 seconds

This way the APM gets disarmed reliable. I like this safety feature and use it always after touch down.

Since yesterday I know it disarms the Quad very reliable; EVEN DURING NORMAL FLIGHT!

I accidentely flipped this almost impossible to touch switch. I was using a Autotune programmed switch next to my "main disarm switch"and wanted to switch this off.
The Quad felt down like a brick from 100 feet height.

So its obvious a kill-switch has advantages and disadvantages indeed!