Pixhawk Telemetry load is exceedingly slow

When connecting via 3DR Radio to Pixhawk Plane the load time is very, very slow, like about 2-3 mins. I am using MP 1.2.97 and Plane 2.78b.
Any advice or is it a bug?
Thank you,
Steven

load of what?

Sorry, I thought it would be obvious. The load of Pixhawk parameters when initially connecting to the 3DR radio on the plane. In other words, activating the “connect button” in MP.

also, what baudrate, do you have rts/cts enabled… etc

My baud rate is 57600. I’ll have to double check but I don’t believe I have CTS or RTS checked.

when using pixhawk and 3dr radios using rts/cts should give you a big performance boost.

Ok. Thanks. I will try that. Is there any down side to using CTS and RTS?

not that im aware off.

Hmmm…I just tried it and now I can’t connect. ???

Just changed back again and working. Should I uncheck Error Control?

rts/cts may be a feature that’s only implemented in the very latest pixhawk code, which maybe the issue.

for connecting. try changing sr*_params from 50 down to something like 30.

this controls how many params are sent per seconds on connecting.

The point is, it loaded faster before the latest changes to MP. This same issue has happened several times in the past as I recall. I guess I’ll just wait for it to get sorted out.
Steven

im fairly sure this issue is a change on the pixhawk side.

1 Like

You are most probably right. They haven’t made any updates for awhile so I hope the next one fixes a bunch of things.
Thanks,
Steven

PS Thanks for changing the arrowhead on the wind direction and then fixing the point.

[quote=“meee1”]rts/cts may be a feature that’s only implemented in the very latest pixhawk code, which maybe the issue.

for connecting. try changing sr*_params from 50 down to something like 30.

this controls how many params are sent per seconds on connecting.[/quote]

Does anyone know if RTS/CTS has been implemented yet on the Pixhawk? I tried it today and couldn’t connect. I ran out of time, so I didn’t throughly troubleshoot.

Is everyone using the Pixhawk experiencing a very long time connecting? I’m not seeing a lot of complaints here in the last couple months.

Michael, what can be done about the very slow mavlink connecting. It takes a very long time to get through the param indexes on the Pixhawk.
Could you at least add an option to skip the param loading so I can get right to loading my mission in the field?

I am able to connect with RTS/CTS enabled, but it has to be enabled and working on both radios.

The empty params are definitely slow to download…

[attachment=0]GotParamIndex_nnn.png[/attachment]

I couldn’t get RTS/CTS working. I have all 6 wires correct and just tried checking the boxes on the telemetry radio set up page in MP, then I could no longer connect Mavlink. Is there anything else to be done to the ground module?
Did you find it was any faster with RTS/CTS? I have had several people tell me it won’t help and might even slow things down.
This is a real problem with the Pixhawk. I can’t imagine why it would be so much slower than the APM.

I can’t say it feels faster, I’ve tried with it enabled and disabled. It should technically improve performance, but it doesn’t that I can see so far…

Normally I also run with ECC checked but I’ve also disabled that on the combo I’m finding troublesome (which is RFD900 on the ground and RFD900u in the air) just to see if things will be better. I can’t say I noticed an improvement “on the bench” with that one, either.

I haven’t flown this combo yet, still finishing the airplane, but it is definitely frustrating how long the params take to download. I’ve tried setting SR*_PARAMS from 10 (default) to 50 and 30 per Mike’s suggestion above, and that does speed up the regular params but the “empty” ones or whatever they are still take several minutes.

I’ll most likely disable RTS/CTS since I have some other air radios that don’t support it. Like you I’m also puzzled why downloading the initial params is so much slower on the pixhawk than it is on the APM. Hopefully I can get normal in-air performance to be acceptable pretty soon…

Tonight I connected several times very quickly. I wonder why it gets bogged down on those parameters sometimes and not others.

[quote=“iskess”]Tonight I connected several times very quickly. I wonder why it gets bogged down on those parameters sometimes and not others.[/quote]Well, that’s just cheating. :smiley:

Mine download slow each time without exception. Downloading (and uploading) of Mission Plan data is very slow as well, but Attitude and Sensor data seems ok on the ground. Will fly this afternoon and see if there is a difference in the air.