Passthrough telemetry over CRSF (crossfire)

Is there a version available for the Nirvana and or FlySkynv 14?

The firmware name was already shortened because of script issues, but I do notice a bug - please can you put it back to how it was but change line 770 to:

int32_t n = strlen(fwver.fw_short_string);

and see if that works

Oh - iā€™m cant see this moment - yes - in code we have
strlen(fwver.fw_string);
but need
strlen(fwver.fw_short_string);

Ok - later iā€™m test this and reply you, thanks!

Yes this fix problems!
Good :slight_smile:

Thanks, the fix should make it into the next beta.

@Alex,
I have been struggling to get Yaapu working with CRSF Nano. Could you please look at my settings and advice.
One thing I should point out that hex file or hex+bl files wonā€™t allow me to upload the firmware, so I updated the F765 FC using .apj file. That should not matter, correct?

Here are my settings laid out on a single slide.

I have full RC control but limited telemetry such as GPS, Flight mode, RSS, pitch.
The battery voltage is fleshing 0 to 99%

Did you enable CRSF support in my script by going into the menu in the Tools page?
also please attach your parameters file

@Alex, I have the CRSF support checked ā€œyesā€ under the tools.
Parameters file attached.GrimReaper CRSF.param (20.8 KB)

this screenshot says youā€™re using version 1.8.1 which does not support CRSF, you need to use the latest widget found here https://github.com/yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript/archive/refs/heads/dev.zip

That screen shot is old, I have updated to 1.9.5-dev (bf94571). That is what my screen shows at the moment.

@yapuu: Thanks again for your great work regarding telemetry for TXā€™s - I do use it with ArduPilot, FrSky and TX16S already. But know I am wondering if it is possible to make it work with PX4, crossfire and TX16S also?

Nope, PX4 does not support the passthrough custom telemetry extension :frowning:

hi all,

Does anyone know if this is included in the arducopter dev firmwares yet? Or have they not incorporated it yet? I dont know enough about reading the code to tellā€¦

i cant see the config widget in tools page on my qx7. i grabbed the latest 1.9.5b1, but I only see ā€œYaapu Debugā€ and ā€œYaapu CRSF Debugā€. Do we need to do anything more than simply copying the SD card contents?

getting back into Arducopter after a some time over on betaflight and I am looking forward to getting the Yaapu telem screen running again! Thanks @yaapu for all the work!

@yaapu, That screen shot is old, I have updated to 1.9.5-dev (bf94571). That is what my screen shows at the moment.
Could you please have a look at the parameter files I attached earlier and advice.
Thx

It has been in AC dev versions since last year and works great.

Sorry, canā€™t help you with QX7 settings as I moved to TX16S, but it used to work for me on QX7 when I still used it.

Iā€™m a bit lost atm.

Iā€™m trying (or at least that is what I think Iā€™m trying) to get the script working wth CRSF.

Using a matek 743 slim with Copter 4.1 dev.
Crossfire nano (CHANNELS 1/2) Connected to Serial 6 on the FC.
Serial 6 is set to CRSF, and the controller works when doing radio calibration.
All ok.

Now with the script on tx16s I have CRSF enabled in the options, but get no feedback on for example the artificial horizon.
Set CRSF to 150Hz and not to use dynamic power.
I see the crossfire related stuff in the sensors but nothing more (like heading, pitch yaw etc)

On another build Iā€™m using mavlink only and also using rc over mavlink. Although not designed to be used with the script, when I power up that quad and look in the sensors it has heading etc info.

When I want the script to work with crossfire is it enough to use only one serial set to crsf Like I have now, or do I need to use another serial set to mavlink tx/rx to make this work?

ALso the RC_Options number gets me confusedā€¦ tried various numbers, but have no clue what it should be doing.

Thanx :slight_smile:

Did you try more than one version? I once had a dev version flashed with which Yaapu was not receiving anything. After a long search for possible causes I simply tried a different dev version, and it worked again.

256 + the value thatā€™s already set (if any).

I donā€™t remember what the RC_Options parameter was before I changed itā€¦ :wink:

And yes I tried multiple versionā€¦ Iā€™m currently on Copter 4.1dev beta, it might have something to do with the serial port, maybe it is not a DMA portā€¦ whatever that may be.
I see that it needs to be in order to work.

@davidbitton How did you wire everything to the Matek743-Slim?
Iā€™m setting up an ardupilot build with a Matek H743-Slim and crossfire, but cannot get it to work.
What serial port did you wire the reciever too? What is you RC_Options number etc etcā€¦
Would love to know more as we seem to have the same setup.

That why Iā€™d recommend saving parameters to disk often, that way you can always trace back the changes.

Beta and dev are not the same. Dev versions can be found in the ā€œlatestā€ folder and are updated daily. Betas are updated every few weeks at the most.

It should work without a DMA port, using one is just preferred.

1 Like