No buzzer on battery low

[quote=“ulbers”]@RabbitStu

The buzzer is good like you can see above![/quote]

apologies

Guys, I’ve been looking at the code, and I haven’t found the definite problem yet. I did find a few odd things that I’m looking into though.

Have you ever had any sound related to GPS glitches, bad baro, bad EKF, anything like that? Or is the only sound you’ve ever had is the armed/disarmed?

Hi Rob,

I didn’t hear any other sound. I tried to create GPS glitches but even under the roof in the house and the GPS under a metal box it was not possible. I still had 6 to 7 sattellites. It’s really asthonishingly sensitive. I think EKF is only possible with the Pixhawk but I got the APM2.5. I can’t create bad baro either and so perhaps a buzzer sound.

I hope you’ll find something else.

Hi Rob,

as far as I remember I only get the arm and disarm beeps, but none once the copter is in the air.
I can try that again and maybe try to force some error to get some buzzer sound !
Do you have any idea how ?

After some investigations I’ve found the reason for my problem:
A diode on my PixHawk (clone) was defect which made the controller think USB is plugged though it isn’t …

Hi Rob,

Could you work on the code in the meantime to find perhaps the problem of the missing beep? Is there perhaps another work around solution?

I wish you anyway a happy and successful New Year,
Gerd

Is there nobody who can propose a solution for the problem "no buzzer on battery low?
:question: :frowning:

I’m now using pixhawk but even though my old apm had led’s and a buzzer I just plugged one of these in - ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Lipo-Batte … 1c4c38cf96

Don’t really see why you can’t fly without a buzzer though, just use a timer.

A timer is fairly complicated to handle, but your proposal on Ebay may be an alternative. In fact I wanted to connect together with the buzzer output flashing LEDs with a Darlington driver. So you can see from the distance battery low.

I found the following: Output A5 on battery low is really working but not like it should. I connected a LIPO S4 with a low battery threshold of 12.8 V. With the GCS it gives voice alarm fairly precise when it reaches the level. When I disconnect the GCS the buzzer goes on at 10.5 V much too low for conserving the LIPO. First I didn’t try that low voltage because it’s not realistic for usage.
Does anyone know why this difference between GCS measurement and A5 triggering occurs and how it can be fixed?

[quote=“ulbers”]Is there nobody who can propose a solution for the problem "no buzzer on battery low?
:question: :frowning:[/quote]

Buzzer is working with:

Arm/Disarm,
GPS, EKF (vibrations) glitch,
Battery low

on my APM software compatible VrBrain (micro, 4.5, 5.2) (VR brain is the Italian version of Pixhawk).

BATT_MONITOR 3 (Voltage only,)
BATT_VOLT_MULT 10,1 (Value depend of your card)
BATT_VOLT_PIN 10 (idem)

FS_BATT_ENABLE 0 (I don’t want it to land in the middle of nowhere)
FS_BATT_VOLTAGE 13 (4S battery)

Marc

Hello everybody,
Having the same issue with my pixhawk clone with ArduCopter 3.2.1:

• buzzer is working properly for boot, arm, disarm

• voltage sensing working properly, getting precise value

• GCS low voltage warning message working properly

• BUT: NO Buzzer tone on low Voltage

Any update on that issue?

Regards, Guido

It is still an unresolved issue!! :frowning:

Hi,

in my case it’s resolved!
My AUAV-X2 had a hardware bug and after rework in factory the problem was gone.
The bug was related to the usb port and was blocking further functions like “trim save” etc…

Cheers,

Guido

Hi Guido,

Did you send it to the factory in California?

Regards,
Gerd

Hi Gerd,

It was fixed in Bulgaria and took about 1 week plus several days shipping.

BR

Guido