New Feature/Function for Pixhawk

Thanks. Got my answer.

You don’t need physical beacons to perform accurate aerial spraying, however you will need to have accurate maps of your fields to perform good aerial sprays. We have had good results with a pixhawk, using an off the shelf M8N GPS, spot spraying irrigation valves and ditches in lettuce fields and rice paddies.

Jagger is right, spraying rigs are big and dangerous. Our unit uses 8x 30in props, and carries 2 gallons of liquid. We see useable flight times of around 25 minutes. Definitely not a toy, and the operator needs to be aware of the machine at all times. All that being said, it is a really useful application of UAVs.

In mission planner, we are able to plan multiple paths and stitch them together for one continuous auto mission. I think I posted a thread about it here a while back. Let me know if you have any questions.

Nice. So how do you plan the mission? As in a zig zag way like the MP plans the auto generated missions for ground mapping [Grid pattern]? Then how do you place the grid lines so close to each other ? How “EXACTLY” do you plan them? Also, using an aluminium frame with 20" props is better or a CF frame??